Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

nashy
Senior Contributor

Night Time Staff

Hi all, we are currently exploring the opportunity to have some extra community management staff around in the evenings.

We are keen to get your thoughts and feedback regarding night time activity on the forums.  If we were able to go ahead with this extra staffing, what are some things you’d like to see from Community Managers within the forums in the evening?

giphy (3).gif

i.e.  A staff member prompting discussions, sharing resources, checking in with new members.

The community is after all a collaborative one, so really excited to hear any ideas around what you would love about having extra Forums staff on at night time.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Night Time Staff

to have some extra community management staff around in the evenings, regarding night time activity on the forums.

A staff member prompting discussions, sharing resources, checking in with new members.

Hello @nashy , I think this is a great idea , , replying to new members  etc

@Queenie, @CheerBear , @Faith-and-Hope , @Kurra , @Sans911 , @soul , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Teej , @PeppiPatty , @Jacques 

Hey @nashy I think this is a wonderful idea!

Yes please @nashy @to all those suggestions.  

It is my impression that that is what used to happen, but then the forums expanded rapidly, and CG’s were carrying more of that role ..... then there were a spate of moderators leaving, and these tasks seemed to fall more and more to the CG’s. Particularly at the moment we have CG’s struggling within their personal circumstances, so we are a littke thin on the ground, and I for one appreciated more moderator / community manager presence, rather than them (you ?) remaining more silent and behind-the-scenes .....

Happy for anybody to share opposing thoughts .... just wanted to throw one opinion out here and see what y’all think ..... yay or nay ?

Thanks for the tag @Shaz51 - I missed seeing this.

New discussions definitely. Maybe like Topic Tuesday kinds of ones that could turn into longer/ongoing discussions (rather than threads that close) if the conversation kicked off.

I also really like some of the lighter threads like the crossword thread and games ones. They could be fun distractions at night so maybe encouraging some of them to get up and going might be good.

🙂

Good call @CheerBear , and yeah, thanks for the heads-up @Shaz51 💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

Having a mod pop in from time to time on threads is always welcome @nashy whether it be a social one that is of a declared personal interest or suspected due to their avatar (ie dog thread) or a more serious one. 

A social post by a mod is encouraging and a gentle reminder they are hovering and keeping an eye out on all members, not just averting crises😀. Conversely, the anxiety is palpable if a mod is absent or late at Friday Feast ....

• ALso makes mods more human and less scary for new people who may be working hard to overcome different fears around posting.

so we are a littke thin on the ground, and I for one appreciated more moderator / community manager presence, rather than them (you ?) remaining more silent and behind-the-scenes .....--- yes I totally agree what you said @Faith-and-Hope 

I missed seeing this.--- me too @CheerBear , I fell on it this afternoon and I thought wow

@s-jay, @Lauz 

@Former-Member, @Queenie , @nashy 

I agree @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance