Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Mazarita
Community Elder

Tech: Image Issues

Hi @Lauz and everyone,

Seems like there are a few problems with images on the forum. Thought I'd start this thread to give information about them in one place. Here are ones that I am noticing:

• messages with images are still not coming through in email notifications (this problem has been going on probably for a couple of months now).
  • when I upload images they all go into my 'profile' folder, even when I select my 'hidden' folder from the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen at the time of the upload (happening on both my PC and my android mobile). I have then had to dig around in the folder options for a while to find how to move the images to my 'hidden' folder. The image upload part of the forum has always been rather user unfriendly, I think. Would be great if this could be streamlined and improved over time somehow.

Thanks for any help you and the tech department can give. Smiley Happy

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Tech: Image Issues

Hi @Mazarita - thanks so much for feeding this back. I just have a Q so I can look into this properly.

- Re: messages with images, do you mean you get no email notification at all, or the images are not in the email?

We are actually looking at some small improvements to albums and images, so I will check with the team and get back to you!

Hey @s-jay Smiley Happy

About the email notifications and images...

• No email comes through at all if an image has been uploaded to the message at the time of posting.
  • If the images exist already in the member's folders (ie. have previously been cleared by moderators), then the notification emails seem to come through.

This problem has been mentioned widely elsewhere over the past couple of months by other members on the forum too.

images2.jpeg

Hi again @Mazarita!

Apologies I might not have come across members talking about the issue before because I am new!
I wonder if it has anything to do with the images needing to be pre-moderated. I will look into it 🧐

Regarding the other issue about the hidden album - I think I have figured out the issue.
When you are in a post:
1. Click "Photos"
2. Choose the album first - change from Profile to Hidden in the drop down in the top right (before you do anything else)
3. Then click Choose Files
etc.

Let me know if that helps

Hi @s-jay, no worries about you not being aware other members have mentioned the image notification problems. I was really just letting you know that I am not the only member who is having this problem. Smiley Happy

With regard the other issue of the folder problem, I am going to try to upload an image now from this post, as that is how most of us will be uploading images. Let's see how we go with your new suggestion. I will let you know if it's worked in the next message I post on this thread. Smiley Happy

I like this photo :)I like this photo 🙂

@s-jay, hmmm, for some reason that is coming up as a broken image, though it has gone into the right folder. I'll try again with a different one...

mattsfallingsnowmp4.jpg

Yep, that worked fine, @s-jay. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Hi @Mazarita and @s-jay. The image issue with notifications not being sent by email if an image was attached was looked into recently and thought to be about the images needing to be cleared through moderation.

I have/have the same issue with hidden album pics ending up in my profile folder Mazarita. Great to hear the solution!

I have a bit of a maybe tricky one with images @s-jay. Sometimes I use desktop on my mobile, for posts with images especially. I've created new albums and have some images in them but when I go to upload a photo through 'saved images' in any of my new folders, only one image appears to be able to used (I think it's the one I originally created the album with) despite saying there are more images in the folder.

Wondering whether you or anyone may have any ideas? Thanks 🙂

Can you still access the desktop version on your mobile @CheerBear. I haven’t been able to anymore. It’s meant I can only upload new images on my mobile and have no access to any album images. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance