Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Normally it wouldnt affect me @Zoe7 i want people to talk and connect wherever they feel is safe for them and encourage them to do that. Its just the mental state im in atm i guess.

I will create another thread when i feel up for it, but this one is ok for now. It just feels tricky to start another thread right now when 'my story' has been  mainly posted in another spot. 

@Sans911 youve not offended me at all. You brought something up that was sitting below the surface and helping to look at other options instead

I think I've not been helpful at all tonight @outlander. I'm really sorry to you and @Zoe7 for my actions. Perhaps I should go from the forums tonight's. I'll check in with you tommorow.

You havent done anything to upset me @Sans911 not at all,
^^above posts

I'm not saying anything further @outlander but I'm sitting here with you. 💜 ❤️ 💙 💜

@Sans911 💌💜🌷🌻
Thank you, and no need to apologise either

Hi ..... just found some of my favourite ladies here ..... 👋💕 @outlander @Sans911 @Zoe7 

Wow .... it's one of those tough ones, isn't it ?

Hearing you completely, all of you ..... and yeah, if you hadn't said it, I might have @Sans911.  I haven't been wandering quite as far on the forums lately, but I had picked that up in the last couple of days.  You and @outlander are so empathetic that you would have realised the value in what is happening on that thread, as @Zoe7 said, but what to do ??  Needing to allow for that support to keep happening, but I think what @outlander just said about her main story being located tgere does make it feel a bit strange starting a new thread.

I do have a suggestion though ..... I "altered" "my" thread here on the Carers side by shutting it down, then starting a new one with a name that alluded to the previous one, like a continuation ..... not that I am suggesting you shut the first one down @outlander (not at all), but perhaps if you start a new one with the same name, plus a tweak of it, then it might feel like you have stepped sideways to keep moving forward again ?  but it would leave what is happening on the first thread  to keep happening too.

i hope this is helpful .....

@Sans911 @outlander I am so very sorry for not responding here last night - it was very unfortunate that my meds made me feel really sick and I had lie down - then I fell asleep.

@Sans911 You in no way caused any offence Hon. You were looking out for your friend in what is already a very difficult time for her and her loss of a 'safe plce' here on the forum could not come at a worst time.

As I said earlier - it is a tricky one - but it does highlight the need for connections rather than reliance on one thread ...and you and Outlander have that connection no matter where on the forum you converse ...and that is the most important here - you will support Outlander no matter where you connect - whether that be here or elsewhere. That support and connection you hold for each other is what matters.

Hi @pup3 ..... 👋

This is the other thread I was talking about.  Here you will find other young carers who share their experiences and coping strategies.  You are not alone.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance