Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Coping with mother's day

I decided to make a thread for strategies on coping if this day is triggering for you. 

Whether you've lost your mother, youre a struggling mum, or you're estranged/had an abusive mother etc. 

This is a safe space to share your struggles and to support each other through what can be a hard day for some of us. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Coping with mother's day

We never celebrated mothers or fathers day as it is socially constructed ...... just a way for some big corporation to earn some money. Funny now though my daughter has moved out and at age 25 said to me on Friday what would you like for mothers day!! I nearly fell over. I said your time :D. So she is coming over with a newspaper and some goodies to share. Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there who are doing there best.xx

Hi @The-red-centaur  good idea for this post. 

I can't see my parents because of the restrictions. So I organised some flowers to be delivered to her house. I'm sure she will like them. 

Happy Mother's Day to all mums ❤️

I'm struggling to get through each day with anxiety and depression

@BoJangles welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you're struggling atm. Is there anything you wanted to talk about.

@greenpea that sounds nice. I hope you have a good day with her.

@BlueBay it's nice you sent some flowers.

It's a very sad day. I may have forgotten my Mother on occasions, but I never deliberately didn't contact her on special days. {She passed many years ago}. I thought to myself today, I think I was a much better daughter than my daughter is. I guess all that means is my Mother did a better job as a mother than I did. It's all just very sad, nothing can be done about it, it's just the way it is.

I just don't know how I'm ever going to cope with aniety and depression, as I'm hospital now and feel worse. The side effects of the medications  it's crippling me now. I've had 50 years of this, and I'm worn out.

Mother's day has always been a trigger for me. Mum can get fucked. Her abuse hurts and I'm always reminded of it today.
With covid19 she's stuck in aus which means I may have to see her this afternoon. Fuck. Can't wait til she can go back to Sweden.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance