Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

yep general cleanup  in case my sister and brother inlaw turn up tomorrow to say hello @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

I would say our place is on the cusp of being acceptably tidy, getting it clean is my main challenge.

Some more stuff hoisted off - a friends daughter gladly accepted the box of knick knacks - yay.

What day are you suspecting your visitors might come @Shaz51 

ha ha theyyyyy are here @Former-Member  Smiley Very Happy

Makes the cleanup worthwhile then @Shaz51 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Got a bit of yard cleanup work done today, but it took longer than I expected so it cut into my planned gardening time. Never mind, am happy with the improvement I can see as a result. Rubbish bin is officially full, with a bit more to put in once its emptied on Monday.

Very slowly starting to clean sills and window frames - a job that has not been done for far too long. It is quite discouraging as it takes me so long, but will plug away. 

Had a bit of rain last night, gutters are holding but spotted some water on top of the wood heater, looks like a leak around the flue.  Will need to get this looked at. We really did not want to be spending the little we have saved on this place but have had little interest in the house.  On that note, has there been any progress in relation to  your roof @Determined 

Not since putting buckets up @Former-Member . Still hear it dripping when rain is heavy. 

I need to go back up at some point with a better light and have anouter look.  

Starting sorting a couple of kitchen drawers. Old broken specs (not in adequate condition for donation) along with old stained placemats & coasters disposed of today. 

Sorted through DVDs and have given a fair few away. 

Cleaned grill section of oven.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance