Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Renovations of the heart is a lovely expression @Former-Member Heart 

Had a beaut day today, caught up for coffee with understanding friend before we visited the two op shops in town. Found a cloth scarf, a lovely shawl similar to that pictured, a shirt for Mr Darcy and some necklaces. When it came to the task of my "one thing in two things out" rule, things are starting to get a little more difficult as my wardrobe is fairly much culled but I managed to deal with a few items in the office. 

images (55).jpeg

Well I don't know what has happened but Mr Darcy told me the taps were not working. On further investigation it looks like our rain water tanks are empty despite good rain ... we have not long had the gutter fixed as well.   Too late to do anything tonight .... Since putting the house on the market the clothes line has collapsed and I keep seeing more and more that needs to be done that we really cannot afford 

On inspection of rainwater tanks it appears the inlet filter was blocked. Have cleaned it up, it is raining now and there is water going into the tank. Hoping the problem is this simple.

images (9).png

First day of study break tomorrow.

Planning some decluttering in the shed. Still boxes of stuff that was just unloaded at the end of moving process as part of the 'too hard I'm over it' basket lol.

FIL is keen to be able to put his car away .

The plan if the weather cooperates is to empty everything o u t front and only put back what we need/ want to keep. 

Trust you are making progress in the shed today @Determined.  

Our water problem nearly solved. Have water in tank (thanks to neighbour 😀), will need to monitor levels to ensure no leak.

No shed today @Former-Member  boss lady had me fixing leaking taps first.  Don't think it has been looked at since new.

Found taps in shower grouted in place. Then just in case that was not enough a healthy layer of silicone over that. Took 2 hr + to get at washers. 🥵

Then when I was trying to disassemble a laundry tap managed to break the shaft. Back to town to buy a new one. Thankfully that was achieved before darling got home from school run as she would have flipped. 

In all what I had assigned 30 min to 1 hour took me over 4 hours. 

At least I got the shower sorted. I was beginning to think it would require a hole in the wall and re tileing.  

I was hoping to get onto the shed tomorrow but just got a text asking if I can work. 

Not having much luck with the shed lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance