Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jenn4
Senior Contributor

I’m lonely, please help?

Does anyone feel lonely with bipolar? Or any neurodiversity or illness that makes them more diverse than the usual jo?

Jenn

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I’m lonely, please help?

Hi, yes i feel lonely and so different from others in some way that i cant explain. I have had a lot of trauma in my life and a list of diagnoses. I find that sometimes i hear people with some similar experiences but rarely with the life long number of traumas or experiences. I feel so alone but am also terrified of people as well in so many ways. sorry that you experience this.

thankyou so much @Millieme . I think what is key is acknowleding that there is noone like us, that we can't be understood perfectly (in my worldview only Jesus can fill this void for us). But in terms of human interaction (which is vital) we i think need to be united by general pain and heartbreak and love, and try to be united. then that will unite us. easier said than done. the lie of individaulism and isolationalism is very strong in the west but we are breaking it becase everyone feels lonely and love (like the beatles song - all the lonely people). Love to you and all x

sorry you experience it too. thanks so much for reaching out. it is the antidote. 

i feel your fear too. I am terrified of being misunderstood, especially by those who love me (and understand me best)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance