Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Mel9
Casual Contributor

In need of a support network - Keep eachother on track to achieving goals

Life is a bitch. Life is not easy. We know this.

We set ourselves goals and think we are on the right track when self doubt and self sabotage start to creep in.

Some people have a good support network around who they can always count on and turn to when in need. Some people we think we can always count on end up walking away. Or we walk away from them because we realise they are doing more harm to our wellbeing than good.

We know that great things dont come from easy. It takes hard work to get to where we want to be.

Sometimes we just need someone/s to talk to who understand where we are at and can be direct with us and set us back on the path.

I have been making some changes in my life and they have been hard. Cutting out bad people, creating distance from others, going to the sauna, eating broccolli sprouts (check out Dr. Rhonda Patrick if you want to know the health benefits for sauna and sprouts), doing Wim Hof breathing and understanding why I am like I am and trying to figure out how to work with what I've got. I saw a clinical hypnotherapist who really helped me figure out what I want to do with my life and that I am more than capable of getting there.

But self doubt, self sabotage, irrational, unloved, unsupported etc tends to creep in every now and again. So I thought maybe I should seek out people who not only can help keep me on track for achieving my goals but who I can also help keep them on track with their goals.

I want to help people so they can overcome pain and self esteem issues. Accept their pasts gratefully because it has made them the person they are now, and keep in touch while moving through their path to achieving goals because thats where the most support is needed. Especially those that dont have partners or family or friends who can really help them through (like me).

I am here to feel supported and be supported so we can achieve our dreams!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: In need of a support network - Keep eachother on track to achieving goals

hello @Mel9 and welcome! thansk for sharing some of your story with us. i hope you find being here welcomeing and helpful.

ill tag a few other members to come and meet you too
@Snowie @Sans911 @Nay69 @Shaz51 @greenpea @Appleblossom @soul

@Mel9HeartWoman Happy

Hi Mel9 I just noticed your Thread here, I would love to support you in any way that I can, & have your support in return, thank you. I am isolated, & live on my own, due to the Chronic pain, I live with daily. My family whom all live long distance, &  whom are distant emotionally, by choice from me, so I have let them all go now so that I can have peace, & not be hurt by their unkind labeling, of me.

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo  Woman Happy

Hi @Former-Member!

So lovely of you to reach out. Thank you! I'd love to help support you as much as I can too.

What chronic pain are you currently dealing with? 

And a harder question for you, what would you like your life to look like without the pain?

How do you feel about your family being distant?

I distanced myself recently from someone who I value so dearly, but ultimately our friendship was causing me more heartbreak than happiness. Its not easy cutting people out who we care so much about, but at the end of the day you are the only person looking out for you, so you have to put yourself first and be selfish.

That's not to say that you cant help people and be there for people, but if its causing you pain or putting their needs before your own, then its not healthy and a change needs to be made

You know who you are, you know you are strong and caring. Other peoples unkind opinions of you dont matter.

I believe with your strength and heart you'll be able to reduce your pain and achieve some goals you didnt think you'd be able to!

Mel xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance