Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

I think the reason i first started smoking was to be at one with the crowd. To have common ground with everyone else. To be the cool kid. To get that chemical rush and high which made me feel good. To occupy my time. To help myself cope with life. To keep myself busy and something to do. To hide who I truly was. So i could be accepted. So i didn't have to worry about what people thought of me. 

One of my friends just has his teeth pulled out if they're giving him problems. I mentioned that to my dentist. But they thought it was a bad idea. I've still got all my teeth. Although I've probably got nearly a dozen or so fillings. I've still got another two sessions with the dentist. But hopefully after that it'll be all good.

@Owlunari hope you're having a good day...

Yea @Sophia1 I've really got to do something about my smoking habit because it's really out of control i put it down to trying to counteract the effects of the medication on my mind. Example. Interference with dopamine and serotonin levels.

hello @Former-Member

Thank you for replying whilst you are struggling with everything around you..

so sorry to hear about your father...I do hope that he is settled and well looked after...

I don't know what to say in regards to your husband...I have been down that track with my sister and girlfriends...words do not come close...

I will be thinking of you Sherry and I am hoping that you have some strong support in the real world..

I have another two friends going through the same...relentless...

Please look after you and take up all help offered..You are important too...In doing this you are not disrespecting your husband and his illness in any way...quite the opposite..

I do hope that I have not said too much..

I have just been talking to a friend dealing with the C and shared a few laughs...

Wouldn't it be nice if all of us here knew one another in real life...could be there for each other...

we all need to reach out more often...

take care and do not be concerned about not replying or clicking support whatever...everyone knows how much you care...

respond when you are able...no judgement or expectations here...

bless you and please take care Heart

hello @Owlunar

@Owlunar wrote:

I could answer that @Sophia1 but I feel shy

How about contraceptives and women's hygiene products?

I feel myself turning bright red

Dec

well said....can you imagine?

I actually loved the question when I read it..

Sophia Heart

@Former-Member

loved the bottle of antacid medicine ...end result???

dark chocolate yes please...

xxHeart

hello @Exoplanet

any child interest or participation would be relished

thank you @eudemonism @Owlunar@Exoplanet@outlander@Shaz51 @BBella@Former-Member@Maggie

am trying to continue on and strugging

am expecting too much of  self..

feeling physical pain,,,

so why do we push ourselves so hard? with physical stretch .....we   can do it ..

Hugs @Sophia1 its hard when the mind and body dont co-operate. Can you have a hot bath to help ease your aches and pains?

@Former-Member

a lush environment...

a lovely place to meditate .....find oneself...

I hope that you find some peace here if that is where you are..

hello

@Owlunar

the one person who has responded

why am I surprised?

I love the provacative responses...tests....teases...you encourage my laughter..

let me say here I am no professor as such..merely a lover of language....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance