Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Good work @Smc 

I managed to get a bit of spraying done today.

Had some chores planned here for after work but it has been raining. Try again tomorrow. 

We've got rain predicted here in a day or two, so I'm getting in while I can. 🙂

Of course, the reward part of clearing is planting. I've got some bottomless galvo bins that I use as planters, so I've filled one of those to halfway with garden waste, well tamped down, then the other half with assorted manures/soil/compost, topped off with a layer of potting mix. Assorted flowers planted plus a Chinese Cabbage, and rocks put around them to stop the blackbirds un-planting them. All watered in just as it was getting dark.

Next up, an easy dinner. And a shower before bed. That patch is really dusty and dry.

And @Determined... I planted them symmetrically. 😄 Despite the rusticity of the planter, I think you'd be pleased.

Haha @Smc

I would be pleased if it was in our garden 😁

@Smc 

It used to drive me nuts out in the paddock but in a small box... wow 😬🤯 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Needpeace 

We would love to hear of your gardening adventures here.  Would you like to tell us a little about your plot?

Finally got a punnet of seaside daisies planted. They fill in the gaps between a bed of carpet roses which keeps the weeds at bay. We really could do with a few more. Also moved some Japanese windflowers, wrong time of year but they were in a patch of grass surrounded by weeds, pretty much an eyesore.

@Former-Member, the tough, barely cared for garden at my Mum and Dad's house has seaside daisies happily self propagating into any gaps. 😄 I like them. Informal with pretty little flowers that remind me of childhood "garden play".

Seaside daisies a 'crisis proof' plant @Smc

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance