Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

How did appt go today @Determined ?

We had another less than satisfactory walk, despite being keen to go, we had not got far before madam hound refused to budge. We turned and went in another direction and the same happened, this time being spooked by another dog. Mr Darcy is not happy. 

Appointment went well @Former-Member 

Will give us a good start to loosen up a bit. 

Go back in 2 weeks to check in and up the pace a bit. 

Shame about the hound.

When we moved ours went into turbo mode with all of the new things to see and smell lol. 

I wanted to walk to town today so Mr Darcy accompanied me with the madam. Despite her being keen to go out, he ended up having to take her home (carrying her part way) as not long into the trek she refused to proceed further.  

Missy moo does not like change @Former-Member  

How are you finding being closer to town?

Apart from the constant noise I am liking the ability to be able.to now walk to town and the approx 150 -200  km per week travel savings in the car. 

I think it will be OK and we will walk more  @Determined, everything a lot closer. Can see us doing a lot less Ks too. 

I miss the being out of the way and the science  but can't have everything.  If it was just me to think about I would have been happy moving further out of town lol. 

My dream was always to have 40+ acres with an off grid dwelling in the middle away from everyone. Antisocial being that I am lol. 

Ideas and dreams I had did not match the reality of our abilities @Determined, even more so after Mr Darcy crashed. 

Walked into town today to run an errand. 

images (3).jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance