Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

I reckon we might have visited that bird park when we holidayed in Qld @Determined 

We hired a buggy to look around as both Mr Darcy and his brother have crook joints.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

If it was the one on the side of the hill @Former-Member  most likley was the same one 🙂 

We also hired a buggy for FIL as his legs are giving him grief at the moment. 
He was going to stay at the car but I managed to get him out and about and I think he was happy he did.

I am keen to go back when I can move at my own pace and enjoy taking photos. We got there late due to travel time and needed to leave earlier than we would usually as Mum and I did not want to be riding our bikes home in the dark. 

+ little people get impatient when I spend too long in one place. 

Had a pleasant day (apart from the leaving the house @ 2deg  temp lol).

Back to normalish roster at work. (Big week this week. Back to normal next week) after 5 weeks of reduced hours. Thursday work will involve 3+ hours travel. Perfect opportunity to get out on my bike if it is not raining 😁

Had darling come and tag along with me for close to 2 hours as she did not want to be home alone. While it was nice to have her company and in a pleasant countenance it adds to my gut feeling that we are headed for the usual start of semester melt down. 

(I actually went to uni for the day on Friday to hide and avoid a confrontation). 

She is also in a spin about s2 and homework and saying stuff that is not at all helpful for s2. I can see that she is reliving through s2 her fear of school at that age and in doing so feeding his anxiety 😬  and as icing on the cake S1 keeps putting his 2 cents in which is in no way intentionally upsetting but in every way 'humor' missing the mark and making things worse 🤯

I can see the next 14 weeks is going to be a challenge balancing all of this with uni and work.  Despite all of this I have much to be grateful for. 

Thinking especially of you today @Determined 

Thanks @Former-Member  was a long day but all went well.  Left home before 7 this morning and arrived home after 4. Not a big day really bit it is for me in my current state. A long day for 2x 1 hour workshops.  Poor FIL has been worried about me all day riding so far on my bike. 

Dark clouds on the horizon here.

Usual start of semester bumps with some added complications for good measure 😬

Yikes @Determined  sending gentle thoughts your way. 

Had a builder friend come.and look at our new roof this ave. He shares some of my concerns, Darling is not coping with this at all well 😬

@Determined 

Am I understanding correctly that the roofing job has not been done to a satisfactory standard?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance