Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

I did get my camera out and charged earlier this week. Hoping for some family outings for bush walking, plenty of photo ops there. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

On another self care front my mum and I are planning a long bike ride some time next week.

It is only around 200km round trip but allowig  5- 6 hours with stops and visiting as there is a lot of winding roads through some mountain ranges, up one side and down the other. There will no doubt be some memories as it will be a lot of roads I used to travel with my dad for work (regular truck delivery run). I have ordered an intercom for our bike helmets so hoping they will arrive in time as I was a bit slack in ordering them. Making decisions is not one of my strengths at the moment so I kept putting it off lol. 

I see your 👍 there @Faith-and-Hope

Nice to see you around and trust all is well for you 👋

Darling opened up to me tonight about how she was feeling about her mum.

A lot of things she was looking forward to doing together when we moved in to our new home that she feels robbed of.  One th8ng being gardening. I have suggested that we build a 'mums garden' together in a location that mum could see from her window if she were at home. Darling seems happy with this. This section of garden already has some plants that darling associates with her mum so she thought that it was a great idea and perfect location. Off to bunnings again on the weekend . 

FIL was able to talk to Drs today asking some direct questions about future prospects. While the news was far from positive it was not nearly as bleak as I had expected. More tests to come over coming days.  

S2 was in tears with worry this afternoon. Breaks my heart that I can not tell him everything will be ok. We will drive down and visit tomorrow and Saturday. May even try slip in a spot of fishing if time permits. The boys all got fishing rods for Christmas from one of my siblings. 

Well the results of today's tests are in 😥

Drs have now said there is nothing more they can do for MIL. She will most likely remain in hospital now. While this is what I have suspected and trying to prepare for the news has still been devastating... lots of tears in the determined family this afternoon and tonight.

Trying to hold it together for my family but it is so hard and I'm not sure how I am going to manage other than step by step moment by moment. No idea on expected time frame so everything currently is on hold. 

Smiley SadHeart

@Determined

It is ok to cry Bro, tears are a sign of sadness, not of weakness.

Thinking especially of you 😔.

Thanks @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance