Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

Survivors of Childhood Abuse

Hey guys πŸ‘‹

I'm looking to connect with others who have lived through an abusive childhood. Wondering if there is already a thread running for that? Would be great to have a space on here for us if there's not one already.

If you have experienced abuse in your childhood please leave a comment and follow this thread to connect with others. And please tag anyone you know one the forums who may like to drop in here too.

Or if there is already a thread going for this can someone please tag me in it πŸ‘

89 REPLIES 89

Re: Survivors of Childhood Abuse

I am.a survivor of childhood abuse. 

Hi @saltandpepper 

I was sexually abused as a 9-12 yr old girl by three different guys at different times. 
It's a hard topic for me to talk about right now.  I get triggered and sngry. 
I was 45 when my memories came back. It's now 10 years since it's all come out.  Well not all come out. You see my parents don't know about my brother, they know about the other two. 
Hope others will come on and chat to you. 

im a survivor. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

From 5yrs old to 19yrs old and having been dealing with it for over 10 years now, waiting for the morning I will wake up and be able to cope with the outside world. @saltandpepper 

Hey @Powderfinger thanks for dropping in. I hope this can become a safe space for you to connect with other forum members. Please feel welcome to share anything here, whether related to your childhood or otherwise. You certainly don't have to talk about your past if you aren't comfortable, but if you would like to share anything please know I'm here and I'm listening.

Thank you for sharing @BlueBay I'm very sorry to hear about what you've been through. It sounds like it has been a trying time dealing with the recovered memories, and all the more complicated dealing with the abuse inflicted upon you from your brother and the challenges it must present for you today. I can't imagine the anger you must feel, but you certainly have every right to be furious.

I'm really glad to have you on the thread, I hope you'll be able to find some additional support from like minded forum members 

Thanks for stopping by @Bow I hope this can become a safe space for you to connect and share your story with other forum members--if you feel comfortable doing so. I'm here and listening

I hear you @Former-Member I hope that day arrives soon for you, even if it is just for one day. Small wins every now and then are my goal, some reprieve, some good days, I hope you'll be able to have that too. Such a long time for you to be subjected to abuse, I really feel for you, I hope you'll find this thread helpful and a safe place for you to share your story

@saltandpepper 

Thank you and thank you for starting this specific thread. At the moment I'm so busy trying to deal with myself that I'm struggling to talk. When things get too hard. I go quiet. It's a coping mechanism. 

I had a thread not so long ago where I wrote a lot but had to stop. It was getting too much. 

https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/This-is-specifically-for-me-only-to-write-about-thin...

I will stop by from time to time. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance