Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

JennaMagot
New Contributor

Hello

Hi, I'm 23. I have severe generalized anxiety, bipolar 1, ptsd, and depression. I lately have felt like I'm dying everyday. Usually after I eat or at work, it starts in my chest and spirals from there. I've tried a lot of deffdiffe things to cope like breathing, and trying to ignore it, but it just doesn't seem to help. Any advice would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Chamomile
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello

Hi @JennaMagot,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you lately. What you describe sounds scary. It also sounds like you are managing multiple mental health challenges concurrently. When this is the case, sometimes it can be hard to pin point which condition is primarily responsible for the symptoms that one is experiencing, and this in turn can make it harder to try and find the right treatment pathway.

Reaching out and asking for tips here is a great way of lightening the burden of trying to figure all of this out on your own. You have also probably helped to make others feel less alone, so thank you!

Do you have a professional support team behind you? If things have started to become more difficult recently, letting your support team know what's going on can be useful. It can also be a sign that maybe you need more professional and or social support than you are currently getting....

hello @JennaMagot and welcome
it sounds like a really hard time for you at the moment.
im in my early 20s and i know of some other members here that are also young
@MDT @Broken_mind @the red-centaur @Eden1919

we also have a thread called 'under 30s' that your welcome to join in with along with many other threads here as well.

Have you considered talking to your gp? they can perform an mental health assessment and refer you to other services like a psychologist to helo support you as well.

Coping box

Coping strategies

Reachout also has quite a few articles on how to cope as well so that site might be worth having a look at as well. 

ive linked 2 threads here that have quite a few coping strategies that might be helpful for you as well

Elin
Senior Contributor

Hi @JennaMagot, thanks for reaching out, that takes courage. @Chamomile has offered some good suggestions and tips. Just take one day at a time. Most importantly know that you are loved and although things feel terrible now with help from some professionals and further support from your social friends these horrible feelings will lessen. I too have Bipolar1 disorder but it is now well managed and the future looks bright.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance