Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Here is a nice tiny bit of news no reply needed just wanted to share something positive

My son2 who most of you know has many problems including schizophrenia was talking with me the other day when he stopped looked away and said with a smile on his face 'I hate you too'. I said 'Are you hearing voices?' He said 'It told me he hated me so I told him I hate him too' :).  Son2 went on talking to me quite happly after that unbothered by that pesky voice trying to give him grief.

Big win for son2 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Here is a nice tiny bit of news no reply needed just wanted to share something positive

03E5C846-37A1-47C0-9F0D-8BAE2B8B9F01.gif

Thanks for sharing @greenpea. I’m so pleased for you. 💜🤗 

Re: Here is a nice tiny bit of news no reply needed just wanted to share something positive

This is great news @greenpea. You are a wonderful mum.

I can really understand how awesome this big win is for your son2 @greenpea. Long may this continue! 

For some reason expressing like that can ... be a huge shift away from the frightening isolation and interiority of hearing voices. 

Great you could take it in your stride. @greenpea

@greenpea. That is a wonderful story to share.

Well done to your son for putting that voice in its place. ♥♥

Hello there, this isn't really a reply, I just couldn't figure out how to PM you, thanks for liking what I wrote!     I just read the above, I deal with the same thing, many times the voices are negative or mean, and many times it's hard to know whether they are real or immagined, you do get used to it, saddly, but it is really embarrasing if your in public and you reply to something you heard and say, the checkout lady is like WTF? but it happens.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance