Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning all @Mazarita @PeppiPatty @Appleblossom  @Dadcaringalone @outlander @Shaz51 @Sophia1 @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Exoplanet @CheerBear @greenpea @saturnzoon and all who pass by here today.

@Dadcaringalone I'm so glad to hear your son is coming home.  Still a difficult path for you to tread, but it's a huge step in the right direction.  Good luck with getting the carers allowance.  Seems to me you'd be eligible for the full carers pension with the level of care he needs.  

@Appleblossom so sorry to hear you went through major triggering last night.  Good for you for persevering until you got the task done.  I often use snail mail and hard copy myself - it might take a bit longer but it's still valid.  I hope you have the outcome you desire.

@Mazarita hope your video work is progressing nicely.  My back isn't as sore as it was, tho I'm feeling the spasm is still happening in that area, but not as severely.  Yes it was wonderful to hear from my family yesterday.  Feeling a lot less anxious today.  And yes I'm enjoying getting out more without depending on bro and sil.  Have a sw today 1-4 and planning to walk to chemist and back, shop for new sneakers, and get some low fodmap foods to take to my adult child next week.

Lovely story indeed @PeppiPatty  How good that you have such a lont-term therapeutic relationship in your life.

Hoping today is off to a good start for everyone.

hi All, 

Thank you for the comments on me @eth I feel like,as I was saying to one of my dearest friends last night...........that I will never forget the good things in my life.

How are you Apple, @Appleblossom ? sending you a big hug and slipping you a yummy scone cream and strawberry jam on a plate next to a cuppa...........   

Im so sorry about your son @Dadcaringalone This is not easy.......but as you know, the most important thing is that you manage your life well. 

In writing that I am recounting all mistakes on my hands, toes, my dog, Arlo's paws, all knickknacks, many other reminders...........

@Mazarita@Outlanderali @outlander @Shaz51 @Smc @Baboo

So nice to hear you are recalling the good times @PeppiPatty.  It's something I struggle with tho' I know they must have happened at some time.  Recurrent traumatic events seem to have eclipsed my happy memories.  And then there's the challenge of working out which of those times were when I was stable and which were during periods of mania.  

hello @eth

I think that you have heard from your daughter? I think that I saw something written somewhere...

so forgive me if I get this wrong...just do not have the headspace to read back..

each moment that you share will be precious for you all...

life can be such a ***** at times...can put so many tests in our pathways...

I try to be grateful for what I receive now rather than what I hoped for...

@Dadcaringalone I might respond to your other thread that you use more often unless there is one that you prefer to use when discussing your son's and your's situation..

hello all others...hope to get back to writing on here as a whole person one day...take careCat HappyHeart

Sending warm wishes @Sophia1  Heart

Mazy
I didn't mean that I'd confused you 🙂 I hope I haven't in the past, though due to how
I worded my post it's clear I have now 😄 I just meant people in general in my past ❤️

Eth
Glad to hear your Daughter has contacted you, I find it's a very settling feeling even
if they are upset. In fact I find it humbling, honourable, that when they're upset, they
choose to contact you ❤️

Yesterday was pretty big by my standards. I had a good session with the patient lady 🙂
Then I did my grocery shopping, I'd forgotten my bags, I keep 2 in my handbag but that
wasn't enough, so I just loaded it all back into the trolley & then put it all in back
of my ute {like I do, & have done for a long time, at Aldi's :)} I went into the vets &
got my puppies flea, tick & worm treatment & while I was there asked about bringing the
Staffy in to weigh him; I got him this neat little doggie back pack, at first just because
I thought it was a novel idea for him to cart his own stuff. But I got to thinking & tried
putting a little weight in it during our on-lead walks - it made an amazing difference!
So I checked it up a bit online & discovered the most I should be putting into it is a
1/4 of his body weight. The vet said I could take him in any time, free of charge 🙂 I
got home from town & emptied the car & then put the puppies in & took them for a forest
walk. Phew! Of course when we got home it was time to feed everyone in the household 🙂
& it's become my routine to do the dishes at that time too. I'd also had a bath before
I visited the patient lady, so all in all, a big day for me 🙂

Mazy
I didn't mean that I'd confused you 🙂 I hope I haven't in the past, though due to how
I worded my post it's clear I have now 😄 I just meant people in general in my past ❤️

Eth
Glad to hear your Daughter has contacted you, I find it's a very settling feeling even
if they are upset. In fact I find it humbling, honourable, that when they're upset, they
choose to contact you ❤️

Yesterday was pretty big by my standards. I had a good session with the patient lady 🙂
Then I did my grocery shopping, I'd forgotten my bags, I keep 2 in my handbag but that
wasn't enough, so I just loaded it all back into the trolley & then put it all in back
of my ute {like I do, & have done for a long time, at Aldi's :)} I went into the vets &
got my puppies flea, tick & worm treatment & while I was there asked about bringing the
Staffy in to weigh him; I got him this neat little doggie back pack, at first just because
I thought it was a novel idea for him to cart his own stuff. But I got to thinking & tried
putting a little weight in it during our on-lead walks - it made an amazing difference!
So I checked it up a bit online & discovered the most I should be putting into it is a
1/4 of his body weight. The vet said I could take him in any time, free of charge 🙂 I
got home from town & emptied the car & then put the puppies in & took them for a forest
walk. Phew! Of course when we got home it was time to feed everyone in the household 🙂
& it's become my routine to do the dishes at that time too. I'd also had a bath before
I visited the patient lady, so all in all, a big day for me 🙂

@Sophia1

Thanks for your kind comments and support. It’s fine to respond anywhere. Best regards 

@PeppiPatty

Couldn’t agree more! Self care in the key! I could feel my mental health slipping away last week so I spent the weekend in Sunny Canberra in a free apartment provided by my brother, then caught up with some old school friends for Saturday dinner. It helped me recharge my batteries for the challenges which I have already started to face for this week. My cousin who has been caring for my Aunty with bipolar since she was 21 kept on emphasizing how critical self care is and kept on repeating it to me. I saw a carer support worker this morning, meeting a psychologist I used a couple of years ago tomorrow and then another case worker on Thursday. It’s difficult to find support for carers but it’s out there if you really need it and are prepared to search it out. My usual psychologist who is like a friend, who has a son like mine for the last 20 years, has been overseas and she’s back next week. Then I’m planning a break at the end of the month for my birthday. Thanks for asking. Take care

Dear @eth,

yes...... I know what your talking about. Today........ when I was running around doing stuff I still ..... still had memories ...... like wells of sadness about my home that I lost. It’s absolutely ridiculous that I’m still dreaming about a sad event that happened over 18 years ago and even thou I don’t own a home 🏠 anymore I still dream about it, 

then I dream about being the happiest iv ever been. Then back to that. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance