Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hey @Doglover I personally think that the want to and determination to get out of that darkness is the first step. That can feel so distant when you are living in that darkness day to day but you have a desire to be in a better place and that is positive. It is by no means easy Hon but you have so many of us here supporting you, encouraging you and helping with whatever we can. A belief in a better future is half the battle - the rest will come with ongoing support and your very real willingness to do the hard work to get there - and it is hard work ...there is no denying that. I have belief for you and will continue to have that as I can see the light within you - now it is for you to find that light yourself Heart

@Doglover I had to redo his legs as they collapsed in the weather (he was stored outside at my parent's place). He also got wet when I moved him and his head got damaged so I have had to redo his head and put another coat of papier mache on his body. Only one side was damaged but have covered him completely. I completely reshaped his head because of the damage - he now has eyes that stick out rather than being just painted on. So he really has had a complete 'make over' and the next stage is repainting him. That will take a few days but I will do a little each night once all the papier mache is dry.

Thanks for the hugs @Appleblossom . Thinking of u xxx

Hi pea, i hope u r feeling better.

Thanks for thinking of me. My thoughts are with u. Hoping u hav a restful weekend.

💜 Doglover

@greenpea 

Hi @eth , thank u again for ur support. Yes things r ridiculously tough. I dont know how much more of these torturous symptoms i can take. And they r not normal MI symptoms, like the internal burning sensation throughout my head and body, feeling like my head is lifting off to name a cpl. They dont seem to b normal symptoms, but they r so hard to bare. I hope i start getting better sleep. Taken an increased dose tonight so heres hoping. But it seems to me the more meds i take the worse i get which is one of the many reasons why i think im hyper sensitive to ingredients in the meds (plus multiple past history experiences with food and chemical sensitivities). That adds to my fear that im never going to get better.

Thank u for ur advise re public admisiion if necessary. As much as i dont want to go to our public hospital i hav accepted that it may b necessary for a short time if i cant hold out, but my husband is rly strongly against it. He is not comfortable that i will b safe there (for the moderators, that is simply my husbands opinion of this particular hospital), so he is rly pushing me to hold out. When i hav tried to say to him, what if i cant, his response is along the lines of, ur just going to hav to. So thats not easy as u can imagine. 

Thanks for ur ongoing support @eth . I rly appreciate it, u rly hav bn a wonderful support to me. I said to Zoe that i wished i cld gather up all the ppl on here that hav rly supported me and hav u all with me, rostered on, so that i always had 1 of u to support me in person. That wld be so nice bcoz u r so much more understanding than most of the ppl i hav supporting me.

Thanks again @eth , my thoughts r with u.

💜 Doglover

@Doglover 

Just answering your question from ndis thread.

A babysitter said it to a toddler, who started hitting lego buildings, and I liked it.  I see it as firm yet gentle and playful.

I only restarted using it on this forum.  It popped up in my head, and I used to say it to myself to calm myself down, then I shared it around.

I think its about whatever works for you, to self soothe, lower stress, panic or anger levels.

Smiley Happy

The other thing that is very gentle but persistent, can be the lapping of gentle waves ... in a rock pool ....

Smiley Happy

Thats a nice little story @Appleblossom . Gently Bently, i like it. I might adopt that i think.

I hav a relaxation cd that has sounds of the beach, waves lapping the shore. Sometimes it helps me other times it doesnt.

Night @Appleblossom . Thanks again for ur support. Xxx

@Adge  Hi Adge she obviously wasnt the right person for our wonderful finch. The right one will come along just wait and see :)xxx

Heart  @Doglover   how's today going so far?

Hi @eth , im still in bed at the moment (i live in wa). Id like to say im resting and relaxing but unfortunately my symptoms dont allow for that. Just checking the forums and i dont like to get up too early these days bcoz i find the day looms large ahead of me and i struggle to fill in the day. So i tend to laze around in bed for i while. Like i said, i wish i was sleeping, or that it was a restful lie in but unfortunately its not. All my symptoms r rly bad as per normal.

Dont hav a lot on today, need to do the fruit n veg shopping, and will probably give the dog a run if weather permits (its horrible at the moment) then just try n find things to do to fill in the day.

Ur day sounds rly nice Eth. I hope u hav a lovely time at ur friends art exhibition - what a lovely thing to do. Enjoy!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance