Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Still here with you @eth  ....

💜💜💜

Morning everyone
thanks for the shoutout @eth (good luck and I hope things go better then expected) and @Angels333 (hope your days good, I totally get the stress of exams. I still remember the stress of my hsc only 4 years ago and some of the tafe exams too)

Hi @eth  Will be thinking of you. Hope it all goes ok for you. It really is unfair for her to cancel on you like that. Hope you are able to cope with the 2 men OK. I can understand the difficulty and stress from that.

All the best for your test today @eth 

Thanks a lot for your replies @Faith-and-Hope @outlander @cutiepiekitty @utopia @Angels333  @Zoe7  and anyone I've missed.  I didn't see them as my appointment had already started.  Luckily my bro was at home working today so before it started I told him (in tears) about what was happening.  He helped me calm down and have a plan for if things went wrong.  And thank goodness they didn't.  The (male) OT did his assessment in my cabin for 2 hours and then we went out on the road with a (male) instructor.  The OT came too and I was ok with him by then so felt a bit safer than if I'd had to go with the instructor alone.  The assessment part done at home was much more specific to driving than I'd imagined, lots of testing of different vision and reflex functions and an on-line practice at identifying things on the road and knowledge of road rules plus a lot of history taken. As always, it was really confronting having detailed disclosure with someone new.  He also took copies of reports from psychologist, GP team health plan, psychiatrist ...      It would want to be thorough as they are charging like a wounded bull.  Billing for 12 hrs, total nearly $3000, just for the OT assessment and reports.  I'm sure it would cost a lot less if it wasn't billable thru' my NDIS funds.  Pretty much rorting, but I had to have it done and there's no-one else doing it in this area.  Then the on-road lessons will be $380 per hour.  It's outrageous.  There's no way I'd be able to do it without NDIS.  I should have posted this on the 'anyone started with the NDIS?' thread  - will just do a copy and paste coz I'm still pretty tired.

Thanks again for your support everyone.

Hi @eth @utopia @cutiepiekitty @outlander @Zoe7 @MDT @Adge @greenpea @Appleblossom @Maggie @Shaz51 

I managed to get some tie dye done15686238773788579831985998472790.jpg

It's a shame my problematic behaviors continued. 

@eth how did the actual driving  lesson go?   Incredible about the exorbitant cost!

Yeah @eth how was the lesson?

Hey @Angels333
I'll have to wait til it uploads
Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth 

Hope u made it thru today without too much stress.

Hey @Former-Member @MDT @Angels333   have posted above about most of it.  The actual on-road part was fairly ok.  Just going around left and right in a small area of a quiet suburb.  But it included roundabouts which stress me out and I handled them ok.  A bit more traffic than I had wanted, but I managed without spinning out.  A bit of fine tuning from the instructor.  The trickiest moments were actually when the OT kept reminding the instructor that it was an assessment, not a lesson.  At the end I told them they need to have a conference! (To get on the same page and not have that sort of thing happen when the client is at the wheel).

Thanks for asking.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance