Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: At a loss

@DrKay I just wanted to add my welcome and support to you. 

You're so welcome @DrKay

If you type the @ key, depending on which device you are using, it should give you a drop-down box of recent users on this thread.  If you click on a user name, it will come up as @Shaz51 (for instance) and it will send a notification to that person that you have posted a message for them (Hi @Shaz51 .... 🖐🌹)

These are handy hints that we teach each other when new people join the forum.  It helps to define who you are responding to.

I hope today was a little easier for you.  I have had a good day today.

how is your day today @DrKay 

Please don’t be hard on yourself yes I really know what u mean by just a “normal” life. I want it, you want it, all carers want it but it is not to be. The saying “we have to deal with what we are delt with” is easier said than done. There are just good days and bad days. Try and be strong love Raine

HI @Raine and welcome to the forums ..... 🖐

Hi thanks for the welcome 😘😘

Hi again @Raine .... 😃

Adding @ to the front of someone's user name sends them a flag that you have responded to them.  Depending on the device you are using, it will generally offer you a drop-down box of recent user names.  See how you go with that, if you want to ....

How is your day going ?

Thx I will do that. Ok today 😘

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you Raine

the last 24 hours have been a revelation to me. How dumb can I be - no idea that she is using again (cannabis on a daily basis and eye drops to cover the red) - shouldn't I see behaviour changes? She tells me she has a plan to end it all and has letters....she told me I wasn't listening to her. That I didn't hear her. I thought I did.  I was available and we talked daily.  Lots of talking.  Is there some hidden language? I didn't understand that she was in pain. I didn't see. As a mum that's tough.

Even though she has promised to not go through with her plan because I was so upset, i have to say I am still scared. I'm scared of what will happen if she does.  Is it a relief for her that I'm stopping if she wants to die?  Dying - is that going to be her only peace?   The bottom line is unless she is admitted I cannot be sure she is safe and the medical team are on board.  But how sad - that I want her here on earth and yet she doesn't want to stay.  That the little girl is gone.  

Family have supported me so that keeps some of the fear at bay - but all the while, life keeps on moving. I still have to work, and function and try . 

Thank u

Hello @DrKay, @Raine HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance