Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dark Skies

She sounds utterly amazing.  @Wanderer A girl with real panache.

Farm life can give such a lot. 

She is lucky to have a dad who has enabled her and supported her through all those skills.

lol .. yes 2 legged land sharks are a problem.  A good reason to be there.

X

X

@Wanderer

Glad you can see your way through to a better time. 

I have never had the protection of a father.  Good fathers usually bring up their children with social consciences.  It was not till I was teaching that I saw how that worked. I have been lucky to know some good families.

We all need to get fitter. lol .. Possibly you can read the 2 legged shark's minds??

The tag on the end of your post is sad, but true.  The world should be a better place. We are more prosperous, but ... the spirit of generosity is not in the air, even around christmas time.

Just having my son suddenly deciding he wants everything spik and span without having done any tidying or housework for a couple of years.  It is good if he comes to value it and work for it, but I had relaxed my housekeeping style to getting along with his mess and I am feeling pushed around in my kitchen and a bit like the rug pulled from under me, which was a favourite game of his dads.

I had just spent a few days going through old rock and pop songs, catching up on the aspects of childhood I never had. Mostly others pushed their opinions on me, and I tried not to rock any boats. Working out sheet music I have and figuring out which songs and singers I actually like, working on some possible projects.    It had improved my mood, til my son just did a little number. Sigh ... Oh well ..

DId you know The Eagles are coming in March?

X

X

Yes @Wanderer

I am working with even finer precision on the differences between care of the self and other.

I did not know what I missed out on so did not really suffer FOMO, but ignorance was not bliss.

It is taken a life time to understand others' assumptions and to put a lot of 2 and 2s together.

Enjoy camping. Have got a decent campbed?  

Cheers

X

X

I like funny coincidences. I have an appointment today at the same location where I took my girls for their infant immunisations.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Happy

A seriously ill parent is difficult for a child to watch.  My son was damaged by my inability to hide all my neck pain and its consequences.  I wished he would have been able to have more fun, but he is quite serious, which is also quite beautiful in him.

I can put my dad in my little mental bubble and idealise him and did not experience actually knowing him in the REAL.

Yep the sun is real scorcher these days. Careful today will be hotter. (well it is here not sure where you are.)

Cheers

X

X

TAB
Senior Contributor

Oh, shite @Wanderer , be strong. I’m not. But I can. Encourage you.

X

X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance