Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

x

650 REPLIES 650
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Dark Skies

Hi and welcome to the forums @Darkskies - im so sorry to hear of how much pain and physical difficulties that you live with every day. It would make everything very difficult. I'm glad that you have reached out here, there are many members who struggle with constant pain and difficult physical issues.
Take care

X

X

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @Wanderer

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you

It sounds like you are continually having to deal with a great amount of pain and find it difficult to get out and do things which makes your depression even more intense, all of that is a lot to be trying to manage so I am glad you are reaching out on the forums for some much needed extra support now.

You mentioned you like to write and you are currently writing an epic fantasy book, that is such a great thing to be doing, there is actually a Writing as a form of therapy thread you might find interesting.

We also have another thread for you to Introduce Yourself, which can be a nice way of getting to know other forum members.

I look forward to getting to know you better

Lunar

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi again @Wanderer (if you put and @ before someones user name they will be 'tagged' and get a notification that you've mentioned them 🙂
I like to read fantasy (when i have time/concentraton/motivation) growing up my favourite author was david eddings.. have reread his books many times. So I think its amazing that you have written a book and glad that it gives you a small 'escape' to turn to. I find that the forums also provided me with a bit of a 'social escape in the past when i feel isolated or too trapped in my head...
Glad to see you here and using the forums

X

X

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

sleep issues make everything else really hard. I also have times when i cant sleep - i can funciton ok so long as im getting around 4 hours a night but under that too much and i start to get very low/depressed. But the only meds that help that and make me sleep.. leave me feeling so awful the next day that I cant function enough to run my life... no win really sometimes. But i am about to shut down electronics and start to try and wind down, hope you get some sleep tonight, take care @Wanderer

X

X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance