Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

I'll catch up on your thread soon, just so tired myself, you've always had a lot to juggle Shaz52, stay strong.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Adge, I see your 'likes' how ya doing?

Hi @Former-Member You have such a lot on your plate.

It's so sad with your Dad, makes me want to cry hearing about it.

Things took a dive for me about 1 week ago - learning that I have 2 serious Hernias.

They were directly caused by the surgeons refusing to re-stitch my surgery wound, when the wound split 3 years ago. They took the staples out too early they said.

So the large hernia has formed exactly where the wide scar is, because that's a weak are.

It's infuriating & very upsetting (at the same time) - because I've done everything right, nothing wrong (to cause it).

Now I have to wait (maybe many months) for a referral to a surgeon, through the public hospital system.

I now need to have a 4th surgery, to fix what should not have needed to be fixed.

The Dr can't do anything for it (he said) - he told me to go straight to accident & emergency, if it gets any worse (or more painful).

Smiley SadAdge

I've had some very hurtful words from the few people who I've told about my hernias (& needing a 4th surgery) -

"Oh well, at least you're not dead", "I told you so" (when they didn't), etc.

A Yoga saying (my teacher gave) says - "Is it kind? Is it true? Does it improve on the silence?" - If not, then don't say anything.

So these people should have stayed silent, since they had nothing kind (or helpful) to say...

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Adge, sorry about these hernias & hurtful comments 😞 I know how frightened you must feel at the prospect of going under the k#ife again, especially since they botched it last time & you nearly died. 😞  I've nursed many ppl with hernia surgery over the years, and if its any help to know - its relatively simple surgery. Is the bowel itself herniated? - this would need careful monitoring. I hope you were given some sort of support binding bandage / brace, even a belt while you wait. If it doesn't strangulate, corrective surgery should be relatively simple. Try get into a big teaching hospital. Try not to worry, I will pray it all goes well, including the wait.

Chin up forum bro xox

It's so sad with your Dad, @Former-Member, be strong too my friend HeartHeart

sorry about these hernias & hurtful comments @Adge , Heart

Thanks so much @Former-Member & @Shaz51

My bowel is still okay I think.

The hernias are where the bowel has pushed through the surgery scar - where it's thin & very wide.

Adge

No I don't have any brace or supportive belt yet.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dad had his bags packed to go home yesterday when I visited, said it took him a very long time 😞 and he blames me that he's there, and he's right, and this guardianship takeover makes people think dad is not safe with me, and I wanna vomit typing it, and I can't function lime this, they won't come to a decision about him coming home until his official guardian comes home from leave in 2wks. My being around, my face sets dad has off 'cause he thinks it means he can go home. I wonder if he is better off without me. I can't cope, falling into a deep depressive episode. Scared to reach out for help because that will prove that I'm the 'nut job' my ###!%&?# bro2 & sis lied at tribunal. I can't do this anymore. I could run away, have over 100 grand in the bank and can't get off the couch to do something nice for myself

Former-Member
Not applicable

Listening @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance