Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to accept help after a life of helping others

@Corny  I demonstrated many skills during my many long confinement’s. I did improve overlooked adventures. 😁😁

Unfortunately my family went untreated, seemed to be the thing back then. We lived with the secrets which were passed down. My family think I’m more of a joke than anything because of my confinement’s, but I see things differently now.

I had a magnificent moon shining through my window most of the night. I’ve witnessed some amazing a beautiful cloud and moon formations through my sleepless nights. Sometimes I want to run outside and say, wake up, your missing so much.

I hope the sun shines for you too this week. I must get moving and do some washing and things. 💕💜💕

Good morning Sweet Corn 🥰

Barbie's? 🤔 I never had one. My fave toy was my Macano building set with metal pieces I'd join together to create all sorts of things. It was mainly for boys but was right up my alley being a tom-boy an' all.

I'm so glad to hear you joined Jack Nickolson and Nurse Cratchet in the presidential suite. I had high hopes you'd take your leave after reading of your woes; scared me silly tbh. It's a credit to you my sweet. You're surely a warrior woman who runs with the wolves! I'll write more about that on your new thread ok. Mwah!

I see the moon

The moon see's me

And I see the somebody

I want to see.

So God bless the moon

And God bless me

And God bless the somebody

I want to see.

And what a beautiful moon it was! I went to the bathroom in the wee hours and saw its brightness shining through the dimpled glass. It made me smile..

How amazing for you to be present during that moment between day and night; light and dark; moon and sun. A metaphor? Maybe; it's a treasure to behold and keep in the bowels of your tortured mind to remind you of nature's simplicity 'in transition'.

Yes, we did get some rain but it would've been better if it had lasted 40 days and 40 nights. We only have 12 months of water left which hasn't happened before, at least not in my lifetime. I hit the big 6 0 this November. Ha! Longest f'n ten years of my life!!!!

And yes, my sabatical was necessary to regroup and realine with my goals and the pressures of financial hardship; an undeniable truth. No avoiding it any longer. I've interviewed for quite a few jobs but alas, none have been successful. I applied for another one yesterday which I'm hopeful about - a mental health Peer Support Worker to mentor patients on psych wards of the local psychiatric facility and outreach program.

I think it suits me. The money's good but it's only a short term appointment until February, though, it's enough time to plan my escape from this dreaded town.

Anyway's lovely @Corny, my crook eye limits my time with a screen, so I'll bid you adieu until next time.

Take care;

Sending a warm cuddle coma your way. 💌🤗

Hope xoxooxooxxo

Hey @outlander! Thanks for the welcome back post. Sending warm hugs 🤗 to you as well young one. xoxoxoxxoxoxox

You make me laugh @Hope4me !

And you have been super busy! It is healthy to go offline sometimes, you need a break and you have had practical problems that can't be ignored. I am sitting here waiting for my doc to come and get me for a chat and catch up, and then I will go for a walk somewhere and maybe have some lunch out. I hadn't logged into Facebook for 6 months until a few days ago and the first thing I see is some moron making fun of mental health units for the delight of all. How hilarious. Clearly I am not missing much, I don't want anything to do with people like that. 

You are right Miss Hope, Corny is with Jack Nicholson. I have been compliant. I am following orders. I just put a little bit of Funk into everything that I do to make it mine, ya know. 

I am delighted to read that you are well enough to go to interviews and apply for paid work. I know the process is so so stressful, but that you can do that, is great. And you would be a FANTASTIC peer support worker. I hope you get the role, but I don't have many nice things to say about regional Australia when it comes to employment opportunities. Hearing the politicians say the solution to the housing crisis in Sydney is to get up and move to regional Australia where it is more affordable is laughable. THERE IS NO WORK!!

Anyhoo gorgeous there's me rant. 

I have a big birthday next year, and it would have been 10 years since the old man passed, so can totally relate to your comment about the last 10 years being a hell of ride! It has just been constant stress, trauma, ill health and upheavel......but I am getting there slowly @Hope4me .

Even though its the lowest point in my life, it is the most honest. 

I have to show dignity and self respect to my 5 year old self and not turn my back on her, no one else has afforded her that much humanity....

Take care Button and fingers crossed for the job. You are still recovering from the eye surgery and it is too sunny and lovely to be inside on the computer!

Corny xxx

Oh @Maggie that is horrible, portraying you as a joke. I mean family are gonna know if you are on the ward or have been hospitalised, but as for everyone else it is none of their business! Be selective with who you tell. People say horrible things because underneath they are terrified of being us. We have all taken the stigma inside and it does suck having a MI. Developing acceptance is a work in progress for me, I am slowly getting there but have my bad days just like everyone else.

Coming to a mental health unit & having liberties taken away from you, and saying hey, I am unwell and I am sick, is no walk in the park and takes a lot of strength and humility. 

I too have seen some magnificent moons in my insomnia and the most unbelievable shooting star/asteroid/comet from this here window in the Honeymoon Suite is was magnificent!

Enjoy some sun today, I am looking forward to finally getting out after my summons with my psychiatrist,

Corny Heart

Awe thanks @outlander 🤗

Just what the doctor ordered! I've come down with the sniffels, sore throught, dehydration and grumble guts syndrome. Your flowers made me smile..thankyou hun.

It's sort of kismit that you're engaging on this thread. You have afterall cared for others most of your young life. (Uh-oh; HUGE sneezing fit! Whew! Back now)

What have you achieved in a direction away from that role; more toward yourself I mean? I know you feel a sense of duty and compassion in the scheme of things, and that's fine. There just needs to be time for you and maybe even a goal or two. What do you think?

You've come leaps and bounds over the past few years; have you rewarded yourself yet?

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Lub, lub...

Hope xoxox

hello @Hope4me
oh dear im sorry your unwell. I hope you feel better soon Heart

Things haven't really changed much in the way I care for others or my roles but I am learning to take care of myself even in small ways like eating healthier and exercising abit more.

I plan to make some changes after my surgery though and after ive recovered from that and take some steps forward. maybe some studies again and getting acat assessments done.

Well that's great @outlander!

I hope everything goes as it should with surgery; I'm sure it will. Your ACAT and study goals sound productive and personal. So glad you've got things in the works.

The dreaded flu is upon me so I won't talk much more. I just wanted to pop in and say 'Hi' and see how you're traveling.

Shout-outs to lovely @Corny and @Faith-and-Hope this amazing rainy morning.

Take care all,

Hope xoxox

Are you home yet @Corny ? 💐🌼🌸🌷

Missing you too @Corny .... 🌽💕

Both good and necessary @outlander  .... ❣️

👋💕 @Hope4me @Maggie 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance