Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Calmblueocean
Senior Contributor

I have no toilet!!!!!

Some people are going to laugh at this but I have been going through a crisis. For some time now I have been living in a shed. Now that may not seem so bad but take away the little luxuries that I am used to like running water, flushing toilet,hot shower and fly screens to keep the mossies out. Did I also mention that I have no washing machine. I am in a stinking hot shed.   It was not that long ago that this way of living was and still is the way many people live. It now takes half the day to do simple housework chores and has left me no time to do my destressing activities like do laps at the pool or play with the horses. I am so exhausted from lugging water and hand washing etc that all I can do is fall in a tired heap. Anyway I go to my GP to get my scripts and he takes my blood pressure as usual and it was 160/95. Crap I thought. A little change in circumstances can actually affect you physically.  So I filled up a water trough that is the size of a large spa added chlorine and chill out and have a nice soak looking at the beautiful blue sky and gum tress. I really wanted to say that I am having a difficult time but have learned to appreciate all the things we take for granted.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I have no toilet!!!!!

That actually sounds really lovely, hope you were able to relax for a bit 🙂

Yes, @Mama_Bear it was just what I needed, a bit of peace.

Welcome to Sane Forum @Calmblueocean

Hiya @Mama_Bear

Over the years there have been others without all the mod cons. It can be an issue with not being mainstream, but I hear some of your lifestyle choices and really respect that.Smiley HappySmiley HappyCat HappySmiley Happy

Thatched rooves are more comfortable in hot climates that baking in tin shacks ....

It must be difficult.

All Kudos for you doing the water carrying.  It is not something I need to do, but I try and be mindful of overuse.

Smiley Happy

I hope it helps reaching out here.

Smiley Happy

@Calmblueocean Well I am massively impressed. Kudos to you Calmblueocean 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance