Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

ALW
New Contributor

Introduction

Hi, I’m new here. Don’t really know where to start with my new diagnosis. I’m 36 and lived is almost constant crisis since I was 13. I knew I wasn’t the same as people around me and always felt like I was broken. After many years of suffering I reached a critical point and attempted to take my life. Thankfully a loved one checked in on me and called a ambulance. I woke up 8 hours later in hospital very confused and broken. 

This attempt on my life got me the help I needed and a diagnosis of BPD, and ptsd. Weirdly it kinda of feels nice to know what’s wrong with me. Why I feel and act the way I do. Reading up on BPD I was like “omg, it’s like I wrote this”.. since my diagnosis, I’m getting dbt, cbt, and regularly seeing a psychiatrist and psychologists and for the first time in my life I feel like there is hope to feel some sort of calm in my life. 

Thought it may be beneficial to reach out to other people that understand what I’m going through. Which is what brings me here 🙂 so hi 👋🏻 And I look forward to reading your stories and experiences. 

Thanks for reading 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Inteoduction

Hi @ALW. Nice to 'meet' you.

So great to read that you have hope and support - two pretty important things I think! Having a diagnosis can bring about both good and not so good which can feel a bit strange. It can be really helpful to have an idea of what's going on and to then be able to work on it with the right support, as it sounds you've experienced 🙂

There are many people here who live with BPD and/or PTSD. Have you had a chance to have a look around? There's lots to be involved with if you'd like and it's a great place to share experiences and have them be met with understanding 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance