Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: New with a 32 year old son living back with us

@oppleblossom
Yes I know I spend too much time trying to work out what’s wrong with him....

That's great that you see some progress @Tennessee, anything positive is a win, right? Heart

hello @Tennessee how are you going today

and how is your son today

Hi @Shaz51
Had a crappy day... lost it with him today and shouted... he got in my space and grabbed me in a way that was intimidating 
I’ve gone into the city for evening with my husband
Tearful and worried that my son is ok but he’s minding our dog whom he loves
I msg him and he responded ok

That must've been a scary event @Tennessee, how have things been since? Did he acknowledge how he made you feel in that moment? Sending love and hope you're enjoying your weekend Heart 

How's things going for you? There's some similarities here with my partners experience, particularly thinking the job will come and so not engage with Centrelink. Also not completing degree. Let me know if you want to chat. Jacob

hello @Jacob2019 Smiley Very Happy

remember to use the @ in front of @Tennessee and they will receive your message xx

Hugs @Tennessee , Heart

Hello @Appleblossom 

Thanks @Appleblossom

Thanks Jacob I haven’t been in the forum for a while. Really struggling atm... I’m afraid him being here has really brought on depression for me. I’m see a psychologist as I was having suicidal thoughts. He is so difficult and it’s hard to remember it’s the illness not him (I hope)

@Jacob2019... it’s so hard.. every one tells me I have to set boundaries but he just gets angry at me if I say anything assertive... he has been to psychiatrist and gp and is taking meds- anti depressants and dexamphetamines for ADHD... neither seem to be helping a lot... smoking- nicotine seems to have most observable beneficial effect. He is now on Centrelink benefits... sometimes he helps me at my bnb... but other times does absolutely nothing while I run round all day and night like a blue arsed fly
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance