Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

@Sophie1 

images.jpg

@Former-Member that’s a sensational image !!! Thankyou so much for sharing - made me smile as I lay with my ice pack and try to manage pain eeeek ... hope your packing is progressing  well 🙂 

Packing going OK thanks @Sophie1 

Hi @Sophie1

@Sophie1

How are things going @Sophie1 ?

thinking of you lots @Sophie1 , how are you Heart

Hi @Shaz51 @Former-Member @outlander 

so sorry I know it sounds lame (no pun intended) but with my hip rehab and battling mobility and pain I totally forgot about the forum ... Thankyou for checking in ... I am only just back at work this Tuesday and it took all I had to do four days work .. even working from home literally on the couch as I can’t sit or stand yet for more than 5 mins ... unless I take crutches i can only walk for 300m then my hip spasms ... 

oh oh and not sure I said but I got the new job !!! So I start on 3 weeks ... super excited and have a goal to work towards to get stronger now 

MsS has looked after me sooooo well spoiling me rotten being my legs around the house and driver as it’s my right hip I can’t drive  yet so I am really quite dependent which is a role change for us ... MsS even with her headaches has made sure I am fed , dressed and random objects fetched for me throughout the day and she has done all the shopping and chemist runs and washing etc ... I feel very loved and looked after it’s lovely 😊 

MsS has been on the improve psychologically I think with an overall better mood since removing a couple of meds her old psychiatrist had her on .. I really am happy to see her happier .. although pain is still a daily battle for her with headaches only marginally better and the procedure she has done for the migraine  behind the eye may work in the next few weeks or need doing again ... anyway Thankyou so much for remembering me - it’s been a frustrating thing to lose my independence - however I’m not upset as I am so lucky this will pass ! 

thats ok @Sophie1 no need to apologise. really good to hear your recovering though and your Mrs has been taking good care of you too. im also glad to hear shes feeling happier but im sorry he has to deal with her headaches every day, i hope the procedure that she had helps her more.

Congrats on getting your new job too! that sounds exciting

Checking in @Sophie1 been thinking of you (am looking forward to when you can say "hip hip hooray".)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance