Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Thanks @Maggie, for sharing this with me and for letting me share this with you ❤

I'm sorry it feels worse after speaking with her. Adrenaline often causes a crash for me too. I'm glad to hear it's quiet inside for now. So hard to live with any kind of calm when it's loud inside.

Moody weather is great cave weather. I woke to the world here looking like Narnia. There's a street lamp right out the front and a thick fog was out this morning. I love seeing the way the light tries to make its way through the fog. It gets there in the end, but it's messy and a bit scattered on the way (very symbolic I guess 🤔)

The purple turning is a bit scary @CheerBear. I’m feeling like hiding, but I’ll get there. Where do all these negative thoughts come from

I liked the picture you painted of the fog, with light coming through. Yes, symbolic. The light is alway there, just hidden.

Take care today my friend. I’m heading to the shower. You will be in my thoughts. So pleased this is happening for you. 💞💞☀️☀️☀️

It is a bit scary @Maggie, especially when all of the inside is questioning and wanting to stay hidden. It's brave to challenge that. Keep being you, just as you are, and lean on and reach out if you need. You've got this and we've all got this with you. You genuinely rock ❤

I had better get going also. I'd like to be well and truly ready again today. Hope today has good in it for you and the cave feels right.

😘
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Maggie @CheerBear  💖

Yay @Maggie for turning purple today. My fav colour btw. 💜 Dont hide, be proud. 👍

So great that you work for a good reputable organisation @CheerBear . And nice to hear how happy your work makes you feel.

No I dont want to talk today .. words only seem to get me and others in trouble 🙊 Feeling really sad. 😞  @Sans911 if you are around ... hope you are okay. Sending a big hug. 💖

Sherry

@CheerBear @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @TheVorticon  and others following.

@CheerBear  I’m not sure if your job is Monday to Friday, or less days. Also the crew might have returned home last night, or maybe it’s today, so ....happy faces and hugs I think.

How did yesterday go? Your second day working full time, and meeting up with a working friend.

I’m glad yesterday is over, it was a tough day here.  Hoping today is a better one. I painted a stone, trying out the drag dot thing. Tricky, but fun.

03C777BA-4843-4FA5-BCAF-BAD3E692E2CF.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Maggie @CheerBear  🐶💓👋🍄😞

@Former-Member  🍁🐶🐾💞🦋🍄🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️😸

Good morning 😊

New look suits you @Maggie 😁💜 Your pic made me giggle.

I am only doing a couple of days a week (for a while at least). My aim is to one day do a whole lot more but I didn't want to crash and burn and need to take it slow. It was so hard to resist taking on too much when we were working out hours but I think this is right for now. Yesterday was good thanks. Awesome then very full on which was awesome learning experience if nothing else.

I am at people's house. I drove up after work and stayed as it was late. I have my school gig this morning, thankfully remotely so I can be in my pjs haha 😴

Sorry to hear your day was a tough one. Was it something in particular about yesterday? Flow on from tricky counsellor stuff maybe or something different? Only if you'd like to talk of course.

Dot dragging is so hard. I can't do it! I'll go hunting and see if you've shared a pic.

How is your today looking?

Morning @Former-Member ❤ I am sorry to hear that you've been feeling so sad. I understand that sometimes talking doesn't help but am here listening and interested if you do.

I was hoping you hadn’t jumped in all at once @CheerBear . Easing in is wise.

A pj day and remote gig, that sounds like a nice kind of day too. All up, a good week so far, the crew would have been pleased to see you, and you them. 👍👍

Yesterday was a flow on kind of thing. I just get bogged down, and there really isn’t to much support for DID, let alone all the extras. Plus I think lack of sleep all catches up eventually. Though I do rest, it’s no substitute for a good nights sleep.

Today is feeling manageable. I spoke with counsellor again, and we will talk things through on Friday. Hard for people to get a handle on this tricky disorder.

I put a pic of the stone on the wellness week thread. The drag is easy, but I think I’m trying too hard. Plus it’s a stone I patched with some stone making stuff. It works, but not as good as home made. Cheaper though. On top of that, I had painted over a failure from the day before, so the stone was lumpy.

If it’s not windy here today, I will prime my home made stones and have a think.

Any play time for you today?

It was so hard not to jump in all at once and I would have been able to take on more if I had wanted, but slow had to happen @Maggie. This is an amazingly rewarding role and a huge step but it can also be a really tough and stressful one too, and with all the adjusting for me and the crew, slow and steady is the (painfully frustrating) way to go. While we are still working from home I could have taken more on maybe (aside from the juggle with kids) but adding the extra hours of driving in peak hour and childcare etc when we move back to the office will be an even bigger shift and change. This works for now 😊

I often think of how little support or understanding there is for challenges like DID. And I imagine there is a lot of stigma to break down that adds big barriers. How old were you when you realised that not everyone lives with an inside audience? (If you're OK to share - as always my questions never need answering and only come from a place of interest and a want to understand).

Lack of sleep seriously catches up. We need solid hours of it and when it doesn't happen it is seriously tough going 🙁 I am glad to hear today feels manageable-ish.

Next on my stop over was the wellbeing thread so I'll head there and have a look now. I found for dragging really didn't work with lumpy stone and it needed the right pressure, paint consistency etc. Fussy little things!

Maybe play later though that will probably be a tomorrow thing. School today, the school gig meeting, the drive home, supermarket etc. Not sure I'll be up for much more today. Maybe I'll make some stones ready for play tomorrow 🤔
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance