Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BlueButterfly50
Senior Contributor

Triggering situations in my recovered BPD experience

Hi Forum People,

I have been in BPD recovery for several years now.  Recently someone made a bizarre (untrue) accusation about me to several people.  These people rallied around me, supported me and believed me, yet I was highly triggered to the point of developing PTSD symptoms.  My body reacted to this as though it was a life-threatening experience and it took me several days to get back to my normal self.  I experienced stomach aches, headaches and heart palpitations and I would burst into tears at the drop of a hat.  It started to affect my health, my family and eventually my workplace.  I became temporarily obsessed with my situation.  That was two weeks ago and I am ok now and thinking about it less and less.  In days gone by this would have taken a couple of years to resolve rather than two weeks.

I am really interested in others people's recovery from BPD and subsequent triggering incidents and how they dealt with it and what it meant to them.  My meaning from my experience was that some people are toxic and need to be avoided at all costs, which I have done.

2 REPLIES 2

-

-

Re: Triggering situations in my recovered BPD experience

i cannot for the life of me see what joy any person derives from hurting another,please dont ever allow them to win, we have to tell outselves that they dont matter they are their own problem not ours ..i recently wittnessed this very behaviour from a mental health proffessional (or so they laid claim to being one)instead of being polite when exiting a patient from her case load she told patient her needs were too high for her to manage..she also managed to confuse her with another patient.the patient being my daughter was totally confused when i read the exit report im afraid i too developed a temporary case of BPD that could match anyones.i have shown this report to others that support my daughter and equally as horrified. this case worker is probably very tired and needs a break but for petes sake dont ruin people because of it..we had to get an advocate to attend psychiatrist appointments, at first headspace case worker thought it was my daughters BPD but after one session was gobsmacked at his behaviour not only to my daughter but to her as well..now its awesome she does not ever have to see these people again but the damage they have done is disgusting and any reports they have written are still out there somewhere,  they lied to her dr(whom she had trusted for 5 years) unfortunatly her dr  believed them, weve got to the bottom of it all nowbut i have to ask WHY.???

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance