Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Keeping steady @Shaz51 trying not to be hypervigilant as Mr D has stepped down a dose of a supervised discontinuation of one of his meds.

hugs @Former-Member Heart

@Shaz51

images (48).jpeg

Thanks @Shaz51

I have been so concerned about my relatives and not being able to find out anything got to the stage that I had to let go of it - they are - like everyone - entitled to their privacy and I understand this

It took a lot to email my cousin and actually ask but the email he sent back sounded like words my relatives would have said - so however they are they are still with us and I pray they are okay and that time out from the world will help them

Dec

@Shaz51is right @Adge - your father can't reject you anymore - you have all the power now

I have been so much better in so many ways since my mother died - and time does fly - it's getting on for four years now and I saw her so frail and helpless and her voice could not longer tear me up - I was able to forgive her and let it go during the next months - 

She can't pick at me any more - and as for rejection - I had walked away from her for the last time and she had so many regrets I could almost see them when she couldn't talk anymore

But letting go - I have been writing about this on a thread called Awareness of Women's Mental Health - but really - it's about self-esteem and the subject of Letting Go of the Past has been the last topic I have started and maybe all of this applies to men as much as women

I will tag you in - it's really interesting that the subject of letting go of the past has come up this week from two or three different places

How do we let go? I brought the subject up but I am on a learning curve - I don't know the answers to my own questions - now that has to be the reason I have started all this

All the best Adge - I care heaps

Dec

That was @Shaz51's father, not mine @Owlunar

My father was not mentioned.

My Dad was the most supportive family member in his last few years - so he is the one I did not wish to lose (he was very scary when I was young).

That left a huge hole that cannot be filled.

The most rejecting one in my family is my mother (who is highly manipulative) - Mum is still alive, although interstate.

Adge

Hi @Adge

I am sorry to make such a mistake - but I hear you

Your Dad was scary when you were young but then when he died he left a huge hole - a hole that can't be filled and imo - a hole that need not be filled

I have learned to live around my big hole - hey - just writing this makes me think about those scary sink-holes in England and Florida - they just open and swallow anything handy - I feel myself it's a good idea to know where those holes are and although we can learn to live around them they are there and I find I fall into one of mine now and again - so another thing is to plan for those dark times - hard though

Both my parents have gone now - my Dad - I was close to him and when he died my toxic sister took over her major role in life as a family disrupter - I have no idea what she gets out of this because I have moved myself to a place where she can't get at me but my mother

Yes - my mother was codependent and had huge unreasonable fears. I had a good look at her life with all the resources I had and get the reason she was so narky - reasons are not excuses

Rejecting also - I guess you have been asked why she is that way - that is so hard to answer

It's Saturday afternoon and the heavy over-night and early morning rain has cleared and I hope to take a walk today - it was too hot yesterday - 

It's amazing that the heat in Cairns is dry and in the high 20s was really tolerable - in Melbourne the humidity can cause a physical meltdown - sometimes I feel as if I will turn into a little puddle

Dec

hugs @Adge HeartHeart

my uncle who is in hospital has been a wonderful support to me ,

and my FIL was wonderful too but he has passed away now

how is your hernias my friend

Hi @Shaz51

The hernias are not too painful, thanks for asking.

The permanent bulge in my tummy (for the past 3 years) looks like a Beer Belly - when I never drank any beer to get it.

That leaves me feeling yukky about my body - I have no body fat whatsoever, my tummy was flat as a pancake, before the bowel surgeries.

I'm still waiting to hear from the hospital, they said I will get a letter (for Surgeon appointment) soon.

Adge

How did you go today @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance