Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

silverspoon
Senior Contributor

What would I be like without my disorders

I often wonder what I would be like without my disorders. Would I be a nicer or an unkinder person. What type of opinion of myself would I have. I have such low self-esteem and self hatred, and often wonder what it would feel like to love and respect yourself... all the time! Wow it would be marvelous to walk with pride. Perhaps i would have different interests too. How wonderful it would be to express myself from an authentic perspective, not from fear or a distorted thoughts realm.

I believe we can bring some of this 'good stuff' into our lives and we must never give up doing so.

With love

CKS

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What would I be like without my disorders

I totally agree @silverspoon  about bringing good stuff into our lives.

Smiley Happy

I found it difficult to know what would make me feel better when I was younger, but gradually I experimented with doing different things and learning what made me feel good and whole and I could look back on with pride. 

Smiley Happy

Its curious how we evolve as people.

Smiley Happy

Hi @silverspoon. I was really drawn to the title of this post. I often wonder what I would be like if I hadn't experienced what I have that makes me the way I am.

On my bad days I wonder if I wouldn't be so bitter. I don't think I'd be as cynical or distrustful. Maybe I'd be less icy, less angry and less snappy. I think I'd be easier to get along with and I'd find it easier to get along with others. Maybe I'd have more hope for myself and for the world in general.

On my good days I can see that my experiences have given me a lot too. I feel like I have more empathy and a drive to understand others because of what I've been through. I know what matters in my life because of what I've been through and I'm fiercely passionate about that. I can see the good that so many people bring to the world and I'm determined to do what I can to give back.

I appreciated hearing that you believe we can bring some good stuff into our lives. I'm interested in hearing what good you'd like to bring into your life if you'd like to share.

Yes it is interesting how we evolve.
Thank you for supporting my post.

Thank you for your post CheerBear

This is an interesting topic as sometimes I had thought about this myself, and a hard one. 

I am a introvert, very shy and not good at communication, so if I didn't have the MH issues would I still have those personalities parts of me and if so, then my life would still be mostly the same, but there would be no hospitals, medications and maybe better relationships with my kids.

@silverspoon @CheerBear @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance