Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Hi @Shaz51 @Owlunar @Gazza75 @Maggie @MDT and others following 

this morning I went on my 50 min walk. It was very fresh but nice. Just the feel of the cold air in my face was beautiful. 

Wirk 10-2 busy which was good. 

Dietitan appt after wirk. By then I was exhausted felt crap and all I wanted to do was cry. 

We talked about my eating and he was really happy with my walking. He said I don’t see my little progress as a positive. He said I see it as “just ok”. 

We discussed the scales and he said he will weigh me but he still thinks that’s not important. 

He could see I was struggling emotionally. I told him that I felt I was been judged by him if I eat too much. He was glad I told him as I was been very honest. 

He would like me to try to eat one small piece of chocolate and let it melt in my mouth. To actually taste the flavour. Then I will write down how I felt doing that. 

I also mentioned thst I feel lost without the scales. He agreed that this is difficult for me as it’s been a very long time habit for me. But he said this feeling will subside. 

With reg to not sleeping - he suggested a sleep diary. He said just write what’s in my mind. And then go bsvk to sleep. 

The dietitian said to me to just deal with one day at a time. 

Im exhausted. Glad it’s friday. 

I’m now feeling very deflated. I feel thst my expectations in my weight journey isn’t progressing as I think it should. It’s too slow. I’m sngry at myself. 

This is a month now that I’m walking daily. I’m think it’s ok but find it very hard to say fantastic or excellent or great. It’s just ok. 

keep going my sister @BlueBay Smiley Very Happy

I was naughty tonight , I had a packet of chips Smiley Sad

Wish I had some chips @Shaz51 

@are you a sweet or savoury person? Xx

You are hard on yourself @BlueBay . I do understand it’s hard to see progress, sometimes others who know us well might be a good person to listen to, someone outside of our own head. The internal critic can be the harshest of all.

Weight is mostly a slow journey, and at times, it’s the slow loss that stay off.

Your walks are amazing, don’t undervalue what you are doing. You are doing well. 💕💜💕❤️

Thankyou @Maggie ❤️❤️

I have never continued anything this long as I’m in walking. I usually give up very quickly. But with walking it’s giving me some space snd time for me alone. 

Hi @BlueBay I've read back through your thread to learn about your story. It sounds like you're doing really great. Sticking to something like walking for a month is a really positive step. I always give up on stuff easily too.

It sounds like you have a very supportive dietician. 

I hope you have a lovely Saturday. Please be kind to yourself 🌻🌻

Hi @BlueBay 

It's a lovely day in Melbourne today - I flew home yesterday - it is so dry in Queensland and New South Wales - a lot worse than at this time last year

I am concerned that you feel as if your dietician might be judging you if you eat too much - you are very hard on yourself and judge yourself harshly - maybe it eases the self-judgmentalism if you feel as if your dietician is doing some of the judging

And I am pretty sure he is not - he sounds like a very sincere and kindly person and in the business for the right reasons - to help people

And I notice you do fear others people's judgment of you - and I can assure you that most of the time people don't even notice you - as when you walk around your area - or on the beach - and people have enough of their own stuff to worry about before they get personal with you - 

And you are okay - walking is a good way to exercise - you get out in the fresh air and have some personal space that you need so much - and it helps with weight loss and a general feeling of well-being. It's better than just okay - it's well up on the "bloody good work" scale - it's time to go easy on yourself - try and not be so angry with yourself

I had a mother full of criticism like yours - she was full of contradictions and fears - storing up regrets for her future - and couldn't help herself when she gave me a hard time. For a long time I was confused and got out of her way - no one needs anyone interferring the way your mother and my mother got in on - and I know she had a hard childhood etc but I think I understand her reason but it's no excuse to be rough on their kids - esp when they pick one out for special treatment.

I hear you - it's really hard to get past

Maybe it has something to do with your premature birth - she must have been really scared having a pre-term baby - I know myself - my daughter was a month early and battled at the beginning - but she is the rose of my life - she was so hard to conceive than hard to hold in the womb long enough and then failed to thrive - it's a lot of work and I never regretted her for a minute

But maybe your mother was different with you - because it is hard having a baby so early - 8 weeks early. It's my guess that you mother has never got over that and she's angry and judgmental with and about you

None of this is  your fault - your life started rough and if your mother didn't show you the love you deserve no wonder you have some many self-esteem issues

But you are worthy - you are a valuable person

We care about you here BlueBay - 

Dec

Roses for BlueBayRoses for BlueBay

because you are worthwhilebecause you are worthwhile

Thankyou @Molliex  for your support. ❤️

@Owlunar  where do I start? I’m crying while reading g your reply. Pathetic isn’t it. 

I told my dietitian yesterday thst I was scared he would judge me fir eating too much. He replied that he’s never been angry in his 10 years as a senior dietitian. 

I’m still not persuaded. He is an amazing guy. Very caring genuine snd easy going. I think this is what I needed. Someone like him to motivate and help me. Yes I’m living my walk. I went this mirning while hubby having breakfast. I walked 4km and then came home put some washing on and walked again with hubby and d eith a. Beautiful morning. 

I know that I have a lot of inner critic of my mum. Talking in my head. Maybe we just never connected. She never stayed in hospital when I was born. She was home with my brother. But back in those days it would have been different. 

She critucised me so many times about my weight and what I wore. Even some presents of clothes she would buy 2 sizes bigger for me. I just don’t get. 

My dietitian asked if my dizziness (twice in a week) had anything to do with eating. I couldn’t tell him that maybe it was. I prob didn’t eat enough. I know I will tell him next session as I need to be honest otherwise he can’t grlp me.  I just get scared of “getting into trouble”. 

See that’s my BPD. he also told me that I have a very distorted view and thinking about myself and no confidence in taking peoples compliments. 

When you snd others say I’m valued and worthy I struggle to accept it as real. It’s not thst I don’t appreciate you and others comments it’s just me thst struggles. And I’m not brushing off what you’re saying because I always value what you say to me. I know you’ve had similar issues with your mum and you understand. 

Thsnkyou @Owlunar  for the beautiful roses. So nice. 

I wish I could give you a big big hug. So I’m sending you one through here 🤗 🤗❤️❤️

I’m really teary 😢😢

can’t shake the depressed feeling 

i don’t know why I’m feeling like this 

everyone at home annoying me

nothings easy 

wish I could sleep one whole night. All night. 

@Owlunar @Molliex @Maggie @Shaz51 @Gazza75 @MDT  abd others following 

@BlueBay  Hearing you. 💕💜💕💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance