Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Nice to meet you @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Flying_Hams

Yes, you as well. I can finally sit down now for a little bit to type; I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Dealing with akathisia from swapping meds. Might be able to go to the gym now even or read a book without walking.

I've heard of that @Former-Member
Not nice at all
I do hope you have some time today to read.

thanks @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams
relief is good!

hi @Former-Member
its hard when we need something and family doesn't agree or has a different view to us.
Is there a chance you could speak with your gp or psychiatrist about trying another medication or altering the one you have now that one make you 'dopey' but will help with you anxiety? I know you said your dad is a doctor, maybe you could talk to him about some options and really explain to them how your anxiety affects you

can I ask if you over 18 just as you responded with 'on earth and these forums-yes' ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Flying_Hams Yes, I literally will not stop walking. most of the time it is with a book so atleast there is something productive occuring. 

Thanks for the well intent I'll try keep you updated

@Former-Member
🙂

Please do
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander They know; I was just being a bit dramatic, I'm 24 the issue is that I used to abuse these medications and they have trust issues with me. I've been sober over a year and spoke to mum just then and we've resolved the issue.

I just wanted to vent here; this is terrible business i'm in atm! Will not stop walking

well done for talking to your mum. she does sound understanding and supportive of you. sounds like youve worked hard to give up drinking and to get where you are now. 
you can vent anytime you like. I totally get the restlessness too. I find it hard to sit still though not as bad now im on my medications. @Former-Member 

Glad to hear that @Former-Member ,and welcome to the forums 👋.  I hope it eases for you soon.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander Woops I meant to say clean, I used to have a big problem with street drugs.., All good now. 

@Faith-and-Hope  I do trust that will happen but for today, atleast today, I go on walking. zzzzzz 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance