Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

today was a better day ,just cant read someone's message again

hi everyone today has been a better day thank you for your continued supportHeart  ok so whats happend today compared with yesterday,today has been alot calmer for me only a few outbursts but Im talking really calm feelings the rest of the time,I did some midfullness and listened to lots of calming self soothing type music this afternoon which helped emensely to bring a state of calm to my mind,my only concern currently is that Im again worried about reading a family members message I have put off all day in reading this latest message from a family member,I have chosen to have a real calming day/cooling off day I supose,lots of quiet,lots of music,I avoided doing anything that hasnt been completely nessaserry to do today I ended up playing computer games for while this afternoon as well just any good activity that doesnt require energy,also deep breathing excervises and trying to remain in the moment,I would love to have a holiday as Im sure many of us need a holiday after the strange year thats been 2020, I wish I could have a holiday but the earliest possible time to do that and be able to truely relax and get away from it all wont be untill January possibly and as for christmas it will be low key like most other people this year.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: today was a better day ,just cant read someone's message again

Well done @LostAngel  you really seem to have this under control.

I find it hard to listen to the spoken mindfulness CD's  as soon as I hear a door latch or a slight clearing of the voice that's it! I loose my calm Lol

you've got this!

always-hope

thanks @Former-Member like your name by the way,Now Ive read the persons message I just have to decide when and how to respond to it I suppose telling the truth is best but I feel better talking to them tomorow,turns out their message was a checking in type messsage so ill need to say something but other than that still feeling calmer thank you

Your welcome, I think it's good that you can take a step back and think about things.

Hopefully what feels so painful for you today will be easier and less hurtful in the morning. 🌸🌻🌸

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance