Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: 🎨 .... ART. CLASS ..., 🖼

images (50).jpeg

images (54).jpeg

Love it @Former-Member .... 😆

@Former-Member, I don’t think you have seen my response to your last post here .... a page back.

I have started adding to my page again tonight.  It’s a little bit creased and wrinkly, but that won’t matter by the end of it.

I cut out the big hearts and stuck them on, then added some more paint - white around the edges particularly.   The small hearts on the other page are drying, because I added some rough paint smudges on them too.

I like the writing in the background of that sample page you commented on, and said you really liked.  It would have been easier to write on the background surface before adding the hearts to it .... but oh well, it can still be okay this way.  

I will write the words of a song on it before sticking the smal hearts on.

B63BD7B7-1669-4104-9167-51F3B38700B0.jpeg

What glue do you use @Faith-and-Hope ?

Oh my brain, just read that post and it’s gobbellygook to me, is a glue stick those cheap roll on twist out hard glue stuff?
Feeling cretin here lol

Yep ..... that’s the one @Former-Member ..... 😊. I use one-a those for most things, and PVA for things that are harder to stick down.  That’s the white runny glue that is in a plastic bottle.

There is something called matt medium that I have learned about from watching art journalling YouTube tutorials.

I wrote the song onto the page with a permanent marker.

Then I glued on the small hearts.

Then I pasted over the whole page with matt medium (it dries clear), Some of the watercolour paint I had used smudged a bit ..... so I had to be careful to just paint one coat quickly, and try not to go over the same place again and again.  

I like the bits that smudged 😊

i dried it all off with my hairdryer (or leave it for an hour).

Then I traced around everything with a black gel pen.

Then I traced around just the big hearts with a white gel pen and drew strings for them like balloons.

Tomorrow I will put a date stamp on it .....

F62C0716-D85A-44E8-BE76-D11F2F989198.jpeg

Hi @Sans911 .... 👋💕

👍 That’s amazing F&H 💕

@Faith-and-HopeHeartWoman Happy

I love your Art Work, it looks very trendy to me.

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo  Woman Happy

Thanks @Former-Member @Former-Member ...... I am glad you like it 😊

I am learning by watching what other artists working with these materials are doing. 

This is is what I have used, in order -

Old notebook (mine happens to have lined pages)

Pieces of a magazine page typed text

Glue stick

Acrylic paints

Matt medium

Watercolour paints (painted white around the edges of the page, and mostly blues in the middle, with some other random colours) 

Paper hearts (used wrapping paper, used cards, cut-out by hand)

Painted the small hearts a bit with the watercolour paints

Glue stick to stick them on

Matt medium over everything

Traced around everything with a black gel pen 

Traced around the big hearts with white gel pen

Date stamp (but can be written by hand)

You can start one and just do one step every day.

If you can’t find or don’t want to buy matt medium, PVA glue is cheap and dries clear.  You can use that instead.  Keep the brush wet while you are working and wash it out with soap and water as soon as you are finished with it.

Use any paint you have got, just let it dry completely (hairdryer speeds it up) and be careful if it is water-based when you paint over it with the matt medium or glue - and you can skip this step if you want.  It just gives it all a nice finish.

You can do the same thing to make cards or a picture for the wall.

Want to give it a go ?  You can use photos of pets too, or flowers from your garden, or other things that are special to you.

💜

@Faith-and-HopeHeartSmiley Happy

I love the way your Art Work looks, you are very clever as far as I'm concerned. Keep it coming I can handle it! Woman WinkWoman Very HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance