Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@Lyra_reachout  Looking good, very good. Love the cat too. 😍😍😻😻

Sorry for the double brain fart @Maggie. I felt very silly when I excitedly jumped online to find mandala crochet only to find the design I've made two of 😏. Then double silly when I remembered I spent lots of time talking about tatting here with a wonderful former member. I felt so silly about it that I've had to work hard to not get mad at myself for that this morning. I'm sharing that little bit of what goes on in my banana brain as I get how things can stay inside brains and swirl around, feeling big and yuck. I'm sorry someone said something that stuck with you as it did. I'm with @Lyra_reachout in wishing I could say something to make that go away for you. I can see how the hook might be scary with a confidence hit like you've taken. If there's any way we can make it less scary please let us know ❤

I love your latest pink and gold stone. The colours together are so beautiful and the way the pink dots are placed off centre look awesome. Beautiful 😍

So great to see you again @Lyra_reachout and glad you're enjoying reading through this thread and sharing 😊 Your C2C looks awesome! It's so bold and bright. Perfect for the purpose (from memory!). Also a huge fan of cat 😁

Thanks heaps for the idea to check out the places yarn bombing is at. I've asked a couple of support workers to help me connect with a yarn bombing group and so far none have been able to. The best they give is a referral to a local craft group which is not the same thing at all. I hadn't thought to approach the places where yarn bombing is installed! That's a great idea 🙂

@CheerBear  Lots of these. 💕💜💕

love the new stone you done @Maggie 🌼

well done on finishing your blanket @Lyra_reachout  that mustve taken you a while to finish!

Hi @saturnzoon  I love your hexagon crochet blanket! It’s great and I love the colours. Well done! You’ve given me another future crochet idea to try so thank you! 

@CheerBear  The art and craft class was okay but it I did have an issue with someone telling me I talk too much which was a little off putting for me. I think the only reason I spoke a lot was because I was nervous and didn’t know how to fit in properly. This is a bit of an issue for me at the start with groups but I plan to go back and not let this person affect me. As for the uni course, I came across it by accident as I was looking to study a Certificate IV in Mental Health and got researching online and came across this one instead which is very broad in terms of subjects but I can still focus on mental health if I like. It’s a health course online so it should be fun when I start soon. 

Okay! Gotta go and visit Officeworks to photocopy a cross stitch pattern for my housemate’s birthday that I want to stitch. I just have to then go through my cottons to see what colours I have and don’t have. I may see another Spotlight trip coming! Have a great day crafty critters☺️

sorry you had that experience @Judi9877 but im glad your going to continue attending. I get being very nervous around other people. sometimes I talk abit much but mostly I just don't say anything at all so looks like im ignoring or anti-social so I get the judgemental thing. hopefully next time is better for you.

Sorry you had that experience @Judi9877 . Good on you for planning to go back. Good luck with the study course. 💕💕

@outlander @CheerBear @Judi9877 @Lyra_reachout @Shaz51 @Gazza75  and everyone passing.

Almost finished one friendship bracelet. Pic coming through.

OMG I am struggling with a crochet hook though. I feel like I have hands and feet falling all over the place. Will keep trying. 😩😩28B35810-4834-44D5-83AB-906BE47D8441.jpeg

@Maggie your bracelet looks great  Here's my weekend and work in progress. Going to be a long haul with this one.

IMG_20190916_174425_456.jpg

@@

@Former-Member ❤️❤️🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance