Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

(This post didn't post properly sorry - thought it may not have as I pushed send during a fright I had @outlander!)

Looks so great and I love the bright colours. Your border looks awesome too. That's a huge project and a big go you for finishing it! Hope you are enjoying it 😊

(What's next?!! 😉)

thanks @Sans911 @Teej @CheerBear Heart

@CheerBear im actually halfway through a blanket atm, i had a few yarn cakes or sweet roles (whatever spotlight is calling them these days!) and i had a blanket half started for my aunt who was to picky but i didnt want to frog it so will finish that one but will jsut use the one yarn cake depending on the size. Its a fairly quick stitch so get through it pretty fast.
are you working on something new yet or still trying to get your lamb thingy working?

Hey @CheerBear just wanted to ask and check in to see how your projects are coming along?

Hey @outlander. I haven't picked up a hook for way too long now 🙁

Only yesterday I pulled out a dreamcatcher I made and started thinking about making a smaller and larger one to go with them, but thinking was as far as I got. I played around on Pinterest today too looking for inspiration but got sidetracked by cartoons and then a whole different path of random pins. I need to find something to get me back to it though!

How about you? Anything you're working on?

🙁 @CheerBear
We gotta get you inspired somehow hey! A dream catcher sounds nice. Something different.

Im working on a double size blanket for pops bed but i only brought 5 yarn cakes and its no where near enough for it so will have to get more eventually.

Ive got another 4 yarn cakes of the same colour though and i thought about making a lap blanket or 2 for a nursing home. Might give that wavy stitch one ago. I cant think of the name of it 🤔🤔

Maybe youd like to make a blanket 'with' me?

-same colour as in different colors to the one im using for pops blanket but have 4 of those yarn cakes to use up.

So many yarn cakes @outlander! How fun 🙂 Ripple/chevron might be the stitch?

I was thinking of starting a blanket too (I've been doing lots of thinking and little doing haha!). I can't seem to find a pattern or stitch that is really making me want to have a go though 😏 Maybe I should just pick it up and do it anyway. It's almost always nice to sit and crochet.

They were on sale fo $3 each @CheerBear to good to pass up really lol.
Plus surprisingly i was getting low on yarn after i dont the rainbow and the blue one. Just a few odd roles here and there but nothing that tickles the fancy to make something with.

Yes thats the stitch!

Your alot more advanced then me but a stitch im finding woks up quite quickly and you can do mindlessly as well is the straight granny stitch. Have you done one of those before?
If you want to do a blanket with me in a similar pattern you can always pick the stitch and ill do that one with you as long as 4 yarn cakes will be enough for it 😊

$3 is awesome for yarn cakes @outlander! The cheapest I've found them is $6 from memory and I thought that was good!

I did a Granny ripple one a while ago (my littlest has it and loves it 😊). It was a fun stitch to do. Making a blanket with you would be fun! I have to go through my stash and figure out what I have left to play with as I think I'm down to random balls probably only good for amigurumi 😏

Have you seen stitch sampler blankets? I haven't made one of them (beyond the first few rows).

Granny ripple? Havent heard of it. Only granny stripe? @CheerBear. The straight version of the square really.

Hmm no i havent seen stitch sampler blankets but ill have s look!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance