Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Thanks @oceangirl 

Your welcome @Faith-and-Hope 

Tell me about your day @Faith-and-Hope The distraction would be good Hon.

Well .....

My hair is 🌵 at the moment @Zoe7 , so that is next on my to-do list.  I hadn’t had time to make an appointment, and wasn’t sure yesterday whether I needed to jump on a plane and head west ..... (will say no more about that right now)  so I decided to walk to the hairdressers.  I haven’t been walking as much as I like to lately, so if she didn’t have an apt it was still a purposeful thing to do.

No apt, so I made one for Saturday, and looked for some new pj’s for our trip away.  It was past time  for an upgrade.  Found some, so there .....

Walked home, then loaded the car for some errand things I needed to see to after class, and drove to uni, cos that was half way to where I needed to go, so it was breaking down the task - half before uni (load the car), and half after uni (rub the errands .... all done.

Tonight is a bit scrambled at home ..... S2 did an all-nighter, then went straight to class in the morning to hand in the assignment.  He came home from uni and went to sleep = no dinner.

D3 did an all-nighter to keep her brother company ..... slept across the day, made herself something for dinner and ate just before I came home ......

D2 ended up without lunch, as did I, so during our class beak I caught up with her and her carer, and gave her some lunch, only to find that the carer has already done that, so she is having her second lunch for dinner ..... mr. is away, but doesn’t eat dinner anyway, so guess what ?  I took myself to a cafe down the street where I am sitting here typing to you .... eating dinner ❣️

Will head back shortly.  D3 and I need to watch an instruction video tonight.

Wow what a day @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Surprised

Great that you have a hair appointment and I love that you have new jammies to take away Smiley Very Happy

It is also great that S2 got his assignment done and handed in - sometimes all nighters are needed but hope he doesn't need to do that too often. It was lovely of D3 to keep him company though Smiley Happy

You must need that little bit of me time so really pleased you are getting that at the coffee shop. Smiley Very Happy

I just spoke to my mum. Dad is being picked up by my sister as mum is still unwell. He apparently was kept longer because he was vomitting so that doesn't sound very good. Hopefully they are not letting him go too early and he will be okay but super worried about my mum as well - she has been unwell for nearly 2 weeks and doesn't seem to be getting much better. She is back to the dr tomorrow as well. So grateful my sister could pick up dad tonight as I could not have driven him home - too far with how tired I am.

Given Toby and Cat cuddles from you. Cat is inside by the heater so I know it is cold outside lol Have the rugby on tonight but really not interested in - never a good sign when my team is playing. Still waiting for meds to kick in. The pain meds have helped a little tonight and will take more before I head to bed to try to help over the night too.

What do you have planned tomorrow?

@Faith-and-HopeYou've had busy day F&H. I have struggled today after getting back from my GP. I started to feel quite tired and now nauseated. Its probably from my new medication, my surgeon wanted me to start that yesterday- she wants me back on anti depressants because she could see a perfect storm happening. Major surgery, reduction in food and stopping my anti depressant. She wants me on it until my weight plateaus and then I can come off it. 

I have a bit on tomorrow with hospital and starting a new project. But after a few good days, on Tuesday & Wednesday, I am not feeling the best. My sleep has dropped off a bit after it had improved. Am hoping things improve again. 

Tomorrow I have two classes @Zoe7, Photoshop and painting class.  We are doing portraiture.

Mr is home later tonight, so he will probably want to get the kids out to something tomorrow night, but I think they will both be zonked, and D3 is still not well anyway.

I hope things improve quickly for you too @oceangirl .... that was a lot at once !

🌸💕

The two extremes for you @Faith-and-Hope Photoshop and painting - one you are completely skilled at and one you are very much learning - a mixed day of classes.

I do hope Mr. does not push the bd's too much - D3 especially needs time to recover. It is part of his control issues though that they need to be always doing something and preferrable what he has organised. Fingers crossed that he gives both you and the kids a break tomorrow and tomorrow night.

I need to head to bed Hon. Going to have those pain meds and snuggle up with Toby. I desperately need to sleep and can feel the meds working so hope the pain stays under control for the night and I can sleep through the night. 

Thank you again for last night and also today/tonight - you know you make a difference to me but I really was not good last night and you helped me get through part of it just by being you. Love ya Hon ...goodnight Heart

You have helped so many people here just by being you @Zoe7  ..... ❣️

Goodnight Hon.  Sleep well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance