Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Thinking of you too @Former-Member  ..... 

284CDB54-DFB1-4788-B9B7-E0A66108CF1A.jpeg

@Zoe7 ..... that all sounds so fabulous ❣️  You’re such a honey of a teacher ..... and it’s so important for  the little ones to love school, and their teacher, and to learn and feel care and respect for one another .... go you ..... 🌷💜

The bird houses sound wonderful !  Any chance of a pic on the art thread ?  Not necessarily one you have made - an Internet find will do.

I have an old bird house here that was left over from when I did them a few years ago so will get that out of the garage and post a photo of it tomorrow @Faith-and-Hope I have done a few different designs with the kids over the years and we have sold them to raise money for end of year festivities. We also made bears, jewellery, owls, money boxes, planter boxes, pom pom animals (and more I can't think of right now). We made several hundred dollars each time so I spent it on Christmas presents for the kids as well as an end of year lunch where we cooked and invited the parents. It was wonderful - we set up a long table, dressed it and the kids served their parents from menus they had made. Going to do something similar with the kids at the end of this term but just a lunch with parents invited.

How was your day? How are you feeling tonight?

Feeling quite tired tonight .... my late night study escapades over the last couple of weeks are catching up on me 😏!! 

I’m waiting for public transport at the mo, making my way home.  I stopped and had a coffee in the uni cafe to recharge my batteries for a while, then picked up some take-away dinner for the girls.

My day was good, but lots of walking cos we went on excursion ..... good for the long term but also why I am tired tonight.  

Also got on with my sculpture work, which was great.

Just going to have dinner here @Faith-and-Hope but will reply more later Heart

You have had a really full on couple of months @Faith-and-Hope so I am not surprised you are tired - especially walking all day today thrown in. That is probably not what you needed this week but I hope youo can give yourself a break tonight and get some much needed sleep. Much like you I am up much later than I should be but when we need to get things done that is what we do hey. I have just taken my meds so I know it will be a while before I can sleep. My pdoc increased one of my night meds to see if that helps - we stilll have room to move but have to increase it gradually. The nightmares have lessened over the last couple of weeks but I am still finding it hard getting to sleep. It is a pay off that the new meds are helping with the depression but I am not getting as much sleep. It is a fine line as we know so hoping this increase helps even things out.

I so wish I could see your sculpture - I have no doubt it is amazing. There is so much satisfaction in working with our hands and producing something we are proud of. I found it hard to have to take the elephant to the tip as we put so much work into it but it had to be left outside and got completely destroyed by the wind and rain. I am grateful that the giraffe was at least stored under cover and could be salvaged - he was always my favourite Smiley Happy

What did you pick up for dinner? I had my usual steamed veggies with lamb tonight. Cooked enough veggies to have for lunch tomorrow as well so can heat them up easily. Don't have anything I need to do away from home tomorrow - went to the bank before my appointment today and the chemist and supermarket afterwards. Got a park right outside all places today so the parking gods were with me lol. I went out late last night to get my money out so I didn't have to do that today - took Toby with me - he was scratching at the back window at the lights and I saw the guy in the car next to us laughing - it was pretty cute 🐶 

Time to clean up for dinner but will check in with you again before I head to bed Heart

I had Japanese pancake for dinner @Zoe7 , and I have some edemame to snack on later.  I wish I could show you my sculpture too .... there is both humour and healing in it ..... 😏

Thanks @Maggie 🤗💕

Guessing you were up and away to school this morning @Zoe7 .  I hope all the testing and setting up the groups comes together smoothly.

I have a uni-free day without appointments 🎉 so I get to work on uni stuff and run errands in my breaks ...... haven’t had this sort of day since we got back without it being taken up with something ..... which it nearly was ..... cos mr. doesn’t like our home as empty as it is now after the home opens, and has started returning stuff from the Art Space.  I asked him to slow it down, because in his usual style he was starting to flood the place .... then he tells me we will be having another home open, probably, shortly.  I told him we will need a cleaner to come through for that because it’s all too much for me to cope with.

Anyway, it’s all part of trying to get to a better place with our home - thank God I have my artwork to go stick my head into ..... ❣️

That image is so beautiful @Maggie thank you so much - was really nice to see this morning Heart

@Faith-and-Hope Not a work day today but was still up really early. Fed the babies and then napped on the couch for a few more hours. I really needed it as I was still feeling nauseous and very tired. Feeling much better now - it seems to be worse in the morning and later at night.

It was great to read you have nothing extra on today and that you talked to Mr. about cluttering up the house as well as getting a cleaner in - you constantly show us your strength and courage Hon. Pleased it was accepted without an argument and you got your point across Smiley Very Happy

I need to get up and moving to get stuck into the planning and organising soon but am relaxing this morning to recover a bit. Giraffe will need to wait until the tomorrow night now as I don't have the time to do both - and the school stuff is more important today. I really want to have things organised today so I can do the photocopying and displays I want to do tomorrow after work so it is all ready when the kids get there on Monday.

I hope you have a great day doing your uni work and get your errands all done. I have a couple of things that need to be done - including Cat food - but can all wait until the weekend so a jammies day for me today - with a little housework thrown in to break up the planning. Loving being home with Toby also and getting lots of cuddles. He is curled up on the couch asleep at the moment and Cat is in her cave asleep. Love those fur babies soooo much 🐶😺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance