Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Sounds yum @Smc ....

Was... which of course is partially why I had too much. 😛 I've kept half of it for another night's dinner. It's a challenge buying the right amount of perishables to be able to neatly get through them before I leave. I've too often had really weird breakfasts on the last day here in an attempt to use up the last bits of whatever's in the fridge.

Won't hang around for long. Need to make my goodnight phone call to Hubby and younger daughter, and the tiny trickle of mobile phone Bluetooth internet I'm using can't handle both tasks at once. Goodnight all.

Good to hear @Smc

Trust the week goes well for you at both ends. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Take care @Smc 

Ta @Determined and @Former-Member.

Signing out. 🙂

Heading for bed here also. Early bible study tomorrow I would like to go to before uni.

Night all. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Goodnight @Determined

For tomorrow @Smc ....

We have taken to travelling with food, backwards and forwards.  Not something I would have done previously, but with all our moving about it saves food wastage, or trying to eat too much to finish things off .... or as you said, unusual breakfasts .....

Much will freeze before going into cases, or travel with an ice pack and esky bag, perhaps to be thrown into a soup or oven-bake at the destination house.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Can have a breather from not doing too much this morning - coffee break time - hooray.

images (19).jpeg

@Faith-and-Hope, I'm travelling with a backpack and a handbag, so am limited for space. I've got a few changes of clothes that I leave here to free up a bit of room, and I keep the pantry stocked with basic non-perishables. Some tinned vegs, flour, sugar, tuna, pasta, noodles, rice, dried fruit and nuts, snacks, coffee/choc drink. I brought with a small amount each of butter, cream and cheese in a very small freezer bag, enough English Muffins to cover brekky, and a few fresh vegs. I've got parsley and a few other herbs in the garden here, the orange tree is in fruit; the peas I planted last time aren't ready yet, so they'll be my green vegs on a later visit.

So far this time, bought perishables are; milk, small tub icecream, a pack of fresh tortellini, a piece of chuch steak and a sweet potato. Tortellini was last night's dinner and today's lunch, beef and veg stew for tonight's dinner. There's one meal's worth of tortellini left, and two meals of beef stew.That leaves me two meals short, so I'll use one of the mini tins of tuna in the cupboard with the remaining vegs and cheese. That should see me through neatly.

On the return trip, I find a travel bag or suitcase around the house and fill it with things I want to take home. Mum and Dad did a few bus tour holidays before their health went downhill, so there's a small stockpile of complimentary travel bags with the bus company's logo clearly visible.;)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance