Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Watching SBS tonight???

I am thinking of writing names and diagnosis on a bit of paper before all is revealed to see if I can get any right. At least one of the people I think has a diagnosis is not on the same side as the professionals.

I was thinking of doing the same thing @Former-Member

how about you @s-jay, @Snowie, @Former-Member, @BlueBay, @Lunar, @Jupiter, @Rockpool, @Lauz

Former-Member
Not applicable

I felt awful last night @Shaz51

before the experts (wrongly) labelled the female with bi polar disorder, I had misjudged her too.

Ironic, considering I have a “diagnosis” of bipolar but as @Snowie has mentioned earlier they don’t seem to sure of themselves & it certainly doesn’t give you much confidence in the mental health “professionals”.

I really appreciated the doctor that spoke about his year long depression and the fact none of his colleagues had picked up on it.

I know what you mean @Former-Member, my mr shaz has been diagnosed with so many things , I wonder which MI he really has

he has been diagnosed with SAD, GAD, ADHD, Inherited Depression , Bipolar 11 , Clinical depression and MMD

Former-Member
Not applicable

While I do find it very interesting, I am reminded that treating anyone unkindly because they are living with any illness, including psychiatric ones, is unnecessary and disrespectful.

@s-jay

I found the show interesting. It’s jnterestjng that you just can’t assume someone has a certain mentsl illness just by their appearance or even their behaviour. It’s hard to pick. I’m looking forward to next weeks show. 

One of the professional judges is the psych I was meant to see reg hormones and women’s mental health. She seems nice but actually got one wrong!!!

what did you think j @s-jay?

@s-jay It is now Wednesday 17th October. I have just watched the program on SBS on my computer tonight. Very early on in the program, I thought James was one who had no diagnosis of a mental illness. I warmed to his gentle smile. (Biased by looks, yes) But dare I make a guess which one may have/or did have a mental illness? I think Bree perhaps and maybe it was Anorexia. (Getting a little glimpse into her cultish background) I may be incorrect. But HATS OFF to them all for participating in such a public thing, everyone was very brave not just the 10 participants but also the three panellists.

PS I actually thought one of the panellists showed more than ordinary anxiety by facial expressions and hands nervously rolling in each other behind her back.

Hi @BlueBay I also found the program interesting and agree with you in that "you just can’t assume someone has a certain mental illness just by their appearance or even their behaviour. It’s hard to pick." May you have a non-blue day today @BlueBay. Hugs sent - just in case you need some and some beautiful flowers.Spring Flowers our garden & Jacarandas. 2010 007.jpg

Thankyou @Elin thst is so nice. 

Hope you have a nice day too. ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance