Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning, @Exoplanet. AWESOME that you have your fence now!!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

So happy to have followed through the long process for you this year of making it happen. Thanks for sharing your journey. CONGRATULATIONS on your step by step persistence with the frustrations of the process, and your own inner struggles with anxiety about things on many occasions. It's even more awesome to have achieved this now, given you have been wanting it for many years. I feel confident those gaps under the gates will be a problem solved before too long, with your ingenuity at work on them. Pinch yourself, my dear. It is REAL, and you really rock!

From one freshly showered friend to another, you and the dogs deserve a good soaking now, so you'll all be feeling as new as your new fence! Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

hugs

bathtime done!

good morning all @outlander@Mazarita@Exoplanet@Dadcaringalone@greenpea@CheerBear

good thinking to stop watching the show last night @outlander trusting your intuition...

@Mazarita you got through Star Trek....and made it to the conversation on the show thread...what a day you had...how did you sleep with all of the eucalyptus?

I forgot about the peppermint...took me ages to get to sleep..

I did feel sad and a sense of loss after the programme...will delve into that with my psychotherapist...

@CheerBear reading words of love in your life...a wonderful feeling..

not sure where everyone else is at...take care

@Dadcaringalone hoping that you are safe ....setting your personal boundaries...and that your son can find some relief...I know this story too well..take care

@greenpea I think that you are going to see a doctor about your medication side effects...not sure where you are at otherwise...take care

@Exoplanet

When I read back..I found the joy at discovering the fence contractor was there....wow what a moment of pure joy..then the excitement of it suddenly being there all around you....

that would have been some moment..

enjoying the sense of your own world created around your home will stay with you forever....sharing that with your animals ..priceless..

Am so so happy for you...

As for the computer giving...leave that memory in the past..does not deserve any further thought..

Still struggling writing to several people at once on a larger thread....hopefully it makes some senseHeart

take care lovely people

Sophia

@Sophia1 Lovely Sophia1 good morning. Yes I am going to ask my doc about my weight gain and shaking hand. My head is in a better place this morning am doing lots of exercise and am eating tons of good food so am bored out of my mind but if that what it takes for me to see changes If that doesn't work I could see myself spirrilling out of control which wouldn't good for anyone but will fight against it.

How are you my dear friend Sophia1? I really hope that you are well and that life is being kind to you. xxx

hello @greenpea

I too am struggling with limitations still around my physical health...

I miss my long walks...

I am doing what you are doing...the best that I can with the current situation...

I love your attitude..  xx

@Sophia1🙂

mr shaz says his meds are tking longer to put him to sleep at nigh now this week for some reason xx

he used to take them and then sleep all night , but this week it is taking longer like last night he went to bed at 10pm anf tonight he is still awake , so something must be changing with his meds

@greenpea, @Mazarita, @Sophia1, @Exoplanet, @outlander, @eth

Good morning, @Sophia1, thanks for the message yesterday. I've had a lovely time over the past two nights in my fresh bed. Smiley Happy

Hope your talk with the psychotherapist about that SBS show is helpful. When do you next see them?

I found the show and discussion afterwards interesting, with some positive challenges to stigma coming out of it.

But I also had some troubled feelings about the show, different to yours. Mine related to the way mental illness is portrayed as being so responsive to treatment, with high hopes of major recovery encouraged in us (not just in this show, but in general). These highly positive representations of mental illness give rise to feelings of failure in me, as I seem to struggle with basic aspects of daily life so consistently, and have done so over such a long period of time, despite treatment for about 30 years. I seem to have had such slow progress in moving forward with things, and so many setbacks, a marked contrast to the optimism presented so often in media accounts, and even in literature produced by SANE. For example, bipolar is described in information sheets as a condition that has 'episodes' of illness, with periods of remission in between. And yet, I seem to get no remission, and can hardly think of a time when I felt in any way approaching 'normal'. I guess mental illness affects different people differently, and some more so than others. But the super positive image conveyed in these various representations of mental illness tend to leave me feeling rather lacking, and perhaps more 'seriously ill' than I otherwise would. I haven't dived into depression over it, but it is one of those things I wonder about in advocacy for mental illness.

But enough of that! Hope today treats you well and you find smiles and good cheer in it somewhere. Heart

Good morning, @CheerBear. Have been thinking about you heaps and wondering how you are going. Love and kindest wishes this early morning. Heart

Good morning, @greenpea. Just saw this and it reminded me of you. Heart

GivePeasAChance.jpg

Good morning, everyone, may today bring some cheerful feelings for all. Heart

Good morning @Mazarita and all who might come by.

Thanks for your hi and thoughts Mazarita. Hope your day has started well ❤

Good to see you, @CheerBearWoman Happy

I've been awake since about 3am (now 5.30am here). Naughty me got caught up doing some web surfing. Feeling okay for now though, and no plans for today, so will get some more sleep before long.

How is the morning where you are?

Did you find anything interesting to read or watch in the early morning @Mazarita? Early morning/late night seems to be the time I'm most likely to go on strange, random searches!

It's cold, wet and grey here this morning. After a nearly 30° day yesterday it probably feels colder than it really is. Lots of birds around though 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance