Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Britain's still in the EU @Flying_Hams they just can't work out how to leave as they now realise there's no option that makes them better off, and most worse off and they dont even know how much worse off yet  anyway 43 here am in and out of bath its too much

Remain underground I think @TAB

Thinking of maybe digging an air conditioned bunker

Thought that few days ago @Flying_Hams

Yes wise words from you buddy and very much appreciated too @Flying_Hams Smiley Very Happy

Great news about the place you heard from - sounds really promising. I hope something comes of it for you Smiley Very Happy

I am heading outside to do a little work while I can before the tennis comes on tonight - hopefully Barty can do one better and win this one tonight - think she has a really good chance but even if she loses she has done well to get this far.

Have a good night @Flying_Hams Smiley Happy

Indeed. The tennis is good. @Zoe7
Might go for a quick dip. I'm on dinner it seems lol. Rump steaks all the way.
I stayed up last night to watch soccer also. Good to see Aus get through.

I tried to stay up but fell asleep. Saw the replay today even though I knew the result = looked it up first thing. Watched the Hurricanes have another win - they really are playing well and could beat any team if they continue to play like that. Also saw a bit of the tennis last night after the cricket. Hoping Barty's game is a good one tonight too.

It sounds like you have dinner sorted @Flying_Hams - salad for me again tonight - nice and easy to prepare and clean up.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi all @Flying_Hams @TAB @frog @Shaz51.  @Zoe7 sorry to read that its been a difficult couple of days for you, and also that you still do not have your new school placement.  Hopefully you will hear soon.  I hope your sleep patterns settle soon and that you do not need to go back on the previously dropped meds.  You mentioned that you will likely be catching up with your new friend again.  Always best to be totally up front and honest, so good on you for doing so.  Who knows, he may be completely happy with what you are proposing and what you are happy with.  I really do hope so, as it certainly sounds as though you get along very well.  It doesnt even have to be a romantic involvement, in fact often its best to just be purely platonic friends.  Then see what develops.  After all, why complicate things? 

I saw a bit of the tennis this afternoon, where Tsipsitis (well, something like that anyway - the Greek fellow) beat Agut.  I also heard that Sam Stosur is through to the next round in the womens doubles.  Good to see she is having some success.  If there was ever a good Aust player who the pressure of playing in her home comps got to .. its Sam.  Anyway ... go Ash Barty this evening.  Good to see that your T20 Hurricanes had another win last night.  I hope it did not go un-noticed that my Sydney Sixers won on Sunday night too.  In fact I think my team plays your team tomorrow night?  I think I have that right.  Bye bye Sixers 😢

Okay, dinner to prepare.  Might catch some of you good people later.

Sherry 🌸

hello my sister @Zoe7

great advice @TAB, @frog, @Flying_Hams, @Former-Member

yeah the heat does take energy out of us all , and I am finding it affect me more as I am getting older xx

I was in bed early last night sis , I had a soak in our little square bath tub and flooded the bathroom Smiley LOL

last night I put a load of washing on and hung it out at 3am Smiley Very Happy

@TABthinking of you and please try and stAY  cool xx

hello @Sam3, @Former-Member

hey @Former-Member, how come all these tennis players have names that are hard to say xx

cooked up lots of veges and had some for breakfast

strange time this morning , felt sick in the stomach , wow I did not feel like eating anything

and it carried on for most of the day -- argggg

Yes we do play each other tomorrow night @Former-Member and the way your team are playing at the moment it should be a cracker of a game. I would not be at all surprised if you beat us tomorrow night - especially after watching them beat the Heat the other night and it is your home game.

I also watched some of the Tsitsipas game - he played well to close it out as he did. I think he is a pretty nice guy also so lovely to see him win. Will be watching Barty tonight and cheering on from the couch - Toby is used to be shouting at the tv screen but it is usually in footy season lol

Things with friend are purely friendship based - we have not placed an expectations on the relationship further than that and to be honest it is all I can handle anyway. It is good that we get on so well and can be open with each other but I am definitely holding back myself. He does tend to do a lot of the talking and me the listening but I will interject when I don't agree with something or have a different view. He told me some pretty big stuff the other day and I didn't comment as I needed time to process it all. It will be something that I bring up with him when I see him next though. We actually sit and chat comfortable together and it is really nice. The quick visit the other night ended up being 3 hours and I barely tolerate being with anyone - let alone alone - for that time so we must have some kind of connection for it to be that comfortable. I need to work out whether I can get past some of his history though and whether that will actually affect our relationship in the future. A lot to mull over.

I am going to call HR again in the morning and see if I can get hold of the HR person. I have DBT also but cancelled my GP appointment - not much we can talk about until I get my placement and all tests are up to date. I have an appointment booked in for next week already - we did several weeks in advance - so I can wait another week. She is always available by phone/text if I need her so I know I have that support. 

It isn't supposed to be hot tomorrow so hoping I can get back into the garage and really get stuck into getting it sorted - might even see if my sister wants to stop around and can give me a hand - she has been so wonderful helping me over the last few weeks so I am sure she will help if she is available. I have cut back my roses and some other bushes this afternoon and will pick all the cuttings up and put on the trailer soon then get dinner and watch the tennis.

Hope you do come back later @Former-Member - always lovely to see you pop up here and there - you are doing such a wonderful job of supporting people when you are going throuogh so much yourself - it is actually inspiring to me to see how much you are giving of yourself and how much time you take in respomding to others Heart

Hi @Shaz51 I thought you might have an early night last night - you sounded so tired - but putting the washing out at 3am is definitely not what I like to hear - hoping you slept through the night - maybe tonight. Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance