Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Dumb question but is it possible to see the forum discussion ‘live’ online where updates just appear? Currently I see there’s an email on my iPhone then click that to see discussion but I seem to miss bits in between 😠🤭

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sam3.  Good on you for maintaining a positive outlook. Yes, you will improve. 😄

My story is a long one Sam. But in short, I have long term PTSD accompanied with typical OCD and also anxiety and bouts of serious depression. I'm also a carer of a seriously ill husband with terminal cancer and recent diagnosis of Parkinsons Disease to add to his MH issues of PTSD from his military service. Do you have your own thread? If so, please feel free to tag me.

Sherry 💕

There is a bell at the top of the page @Sam3 that shows how many notifications you have - if you click on that it will take you to a page with all your notifications (including supports) and you can click on that to enter back into the discussion. Hope that helps Smiley Very Happy

The peacock painting is based on an image I posted here to another member - she is currently overseas so can't post here - her and I are very close and I miss her terribly but the idea of doing the peacock painting while she is away is that I will have it done for her when she gets back and in a way she is still close to me ...she loves peacocks so that is why I am doing it. We both share a like for particular colours and combinations of those so I am using the colours we both love also. Currently I am doing the background of the painting in acrylics but will do the peacock and the foreground in oils - it is a slow process but one I am enjoying also.

Wow @Former-Member thanks for sharing - that sounds intense, so (without meaning to appear flippant) you must have at minimum the superpower of resilience. Pathetically, I don’t know exactly what a thread is (but maybe it’s when you initiate a post/question somehow on this forum by clicking where?!) & I certainly don’t know how to tag (but I can PLAY tag!). BTW Did I mention I’m ancient?! So back to my original question, what’s the best way to see the live discussion? 

You are tagging fine @Sam3 - you are putting the @symbol before names and that is how you tag.

To start you own discussion click on Live Experience at the top of the page and that will take you to a page that says Forum Topics. Choose the appropriate place such as Our Stories and on that page will come up a green New Discussion label - click on that and you can give your thread a title and then begin typing just as you do here. The new thread will come up on the right hand side under Latest Discussions and others can then enter your conversation.

@TAB @Former-Member @Sam3 @Former-Member I have been to the shop so that is one thing crossed off my list for today - couldn't get everything I wanted but the rest can wait until tomorrow - Wednesday after my appointment I will do a bigger shop. Getting settled in with Toby waiting for the cricket tonight. Cat is outside sitting under the tree in the shade - oh to be a cat hey!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oops everyone ... sorry but I have doubled up on posts in answer to @Sam3.

I got an error message initially and thought it was lost, so I posted again.  Then I just discovered they both posted.  Sorry .....

Sherry 

Thanks @Zoe7 - now I know that’s a tag (how embarrassing 😩). At least I have been using the bell notification! 

Thanks for sharing @Former-Member - things sounds very intense, so without understatement you must have the superpower of resilience. I’m truly sorry you have been given so much to bear & I wish I had a magic wand for you. Also wanted to let @Zoe7 know that I admire her devotion with the peacock - what a lovely way to ‘connect’ across the miles.... “the tyranny of distance” is real when parted from intimate companions on life’s journey. Do you have nearby family/friends? Do any of them have mental health concerns that may be similar to yours? 

It happens @Former-Member no need to apologise Hon Smiley Very Happy It really is lovely seeing you get around the forum a bit more - always great to see you about Heart

I am sitting on the couch with Toby watching the news and waiting for the 20/20 tonight - Hurricanes playing again Smiley Happy

How is little Holly?

No friends in real life @Sam3 but have been working on that through people I have met in the DBT group. Have formed some closer bonds with a few people and we do message each other throughout the week. Two of them have left the group but still have contact with them. I generally don't trust anyone so that is a big step for me and comes about after a lot of hard work and trying to do things differently.

My family don't have the same MH issues as me but there expereinces in life have been a lot different also (which I am grateful for). I do have a fair bit of contact with my sister and we have become a lot closer of the last year - she knows I have been unwell but does not know any of what I have been through and just presumes it is still post viral fatigue ...easier not to say anything else.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance