Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sirihawi
Casual Contributor

Costs of Bipolar 2 are just too much

1 psychiatrist Appt, 1 Psycologist appt 1 marriage counselling appt just this week.  The costs are getting beyond control and I feel like im getting worse not better.  I have been trialling medicatiins unsucessfully for newly diagnosed Bipolar 2 since january and the last lot of meds made me more suicidal (just thoughts and idealisaation) than ever.  I am more irritable & angry than ever and yet im trudging back to all of these expensive appts holding out little hope.  Perhaps more of a vent but shit no wonder we have such a high suicide rate, getting treated is out of reach for some.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Costs of Bipolar 2 are just too much

Hi @Sirihawi and welcome to the forums!

Health expenses and mental health expenses can be significant it is so true. I'm sorry to hear you had such bad side effects from those medications recently, and are not feeling so hopeful right now about treatment.

I hope you find the forums a really supportive and helpful place. I'd encourage you to have a look around and introduce yourself on this thread if you would like.

Take care of yourself and see you more on here hopefully Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell

Re: Costs of Bipolar 2 are just too much

Hi, I have just been officially diagnosed with bipolar 2 in the past few weeks. I'm quiet shocked as though it was just bad anxiety and depression for 10 years.
Do you have any helpful advice or tips? Mostly in struggling with not being able to maintain a job !!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance