Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fuzz
Casual Contributor

Crazy bipolar need a phyc dr useless

1. I would love if his doctor had done the right thing 6 years ago or more years now. Has psychosis 1111 huge always threatening to hurt people always threatening to hurt himself manic every morning, manic every night his cycles all day it's driving me nuts,  I don't know what to do. if I ring the ambulance of course I'm going to be the worst witch in the world and it doesn't last. he seems to be able to control it because he can see it from inside he said.  he's really really mentally unwell and no one will help him and now he's giving up he won't go to the doctor fuckemall is what he says it's driving me crazy I'm can see him going slowly insane I'm scared he's going to do something bad to himself screams. I just wish sometimes I had this on when he was screaming and whatnot so I can just show it to the doctor or play it to the doctor I never have it on in time and it's yeah I'm just I'm over this s*** I'm gonna lose my home because of it I'm really done.
  2. and making someone edit their post so it's suits people sensibilities doesn't help it all
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Crazy bipolar need a phyc dr useless

@Fuzz I too have a BP partner who has been out of control for months now. I too have been asked to "tone down" what I've written and at the time I've felt jaded by the request. With hindsite I understand why the forum needs to be moderated. As I said a couple of weeks ago "I left for work but he was not happy" didn't come close to describing the mayhem that went down on my driveway that morning... but hey, two weeks later I'm over it and back posting every 5 minutes.

We are not currently in the same crisis that you are in, although his illness is out of control he is seeing his psych and trying new meds (after I walked out for a week)..... but I was right there where you are standing in October 2018. It is crushing that they can hold themselves together long enough to convince police and paramedics they are ok.

I didn't call the ambulance, his ex did and so did his boy's school (after he rang them) but on both occasions I was at work and he talked his way out of it. Like you say, mornings and nights are the worst.

I journal. I write long and detailed accounts of what is said and done to me. Writing it down in a lucid, logical way helps me consolodate my own feelings and sometimes I have sent extracts from my journals to his doctors. It helps them when the patient isn't keeping their own journal (which is a great thing for people with BP to do by way).

Last October I didn't think either of us were going to survive, but we did. It took until just after New Year. This recent bout that we are in started in May and continues but it isn't as bad as it was two years ago, I'm just more tired because it's gone on longer and this time it's directed at me personally instead of the ex and the government and telstra ..etc...etc..

Maybe you could try leaving for a short time for a rest from it? That has worked for me in recent weeks.

I'm sure others here will also have penty of support and advice... but I do encourage you to call the suport line as they have certainly helped me.

Hi and welcome, @Fuzz , it's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through.

It sounds to me like you are very frustrated with a partner with severe mental illness... I'm wondering if you would like to maybe post on the 'Friends, Family and Carers' section of the forums...that would make it easier to get the support... You could copy and paste your post, if you like...I will link that section for you: Friends, Family and Carers Forum .

Wishing you lots of best wishes as you go through a very difficult time, @Fuzz ...

Ready too leave permanently he relapsed on ice and has been crying for his female dealer ever since.

I'm too old for this shit.

57 yesterday and just want to die myself. Just so it ends

hey @Fuzz 

Not a good situation with your partner.  Sorry he so out of control.

Self Care and space seem needed.

@Fuzz I'm hearing your frustration, your sense of helplessness and your exhaustion. Please know there is help available for you too- you don't deserve to go through this alone. You can call Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Callback Service if all of this is becoming too distressing. Wishing you strength as you navigate this rough and rocky road. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance