Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Does anyone else feel like this?

I have four grown up children and five grandchildren. on the surface I feel nothing. Everything is mechanical. Over the last few days most of us have been together, but their has been lots of drama. I still have few more days of this. I feel so exhausted and like I have nothing else to give,but somehow I have to keep going.Its wanting the family together,but when it happens I can't cope with the very thing that means the most to me. I just don't know
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does anyone else feel like this?

That's the irony of the holidays sometimes, isn't it? The family gathers and there's often drama. It can be so stressful. I don't think you're alone, Chris. What happens when it's over? How do you feel after everyone goes home?

@Chris sorry you are experiencing too much drama and stress. I am fortunate to be alone. Yet in the past when my father was alive I would go to visit and holiday with him in Sydney. As I live in WA I just could not go home when things went pear shaped as they did every time. And yes I too loved my Dad.
I would go for lots of walks and plan a bit of free time. With most of us being creatures of habit we tend to get a little unbalanced when thrown from our usual rotinue. And then there is watch what and how we say things as it becomes to easy to push others buttons especially when we are tired or stressed. Thus we can get under each others feet. So we need a liitle space, lots of rest and focus on positives or at lest things outside of the family or group.
With my daughter, as soon as a conversation is heading in a direction that can cause conflict, she politely removes herself.
Enjoy the good Chris as much as you can and let the rest slide as much as you can.

Last of the family get togethers tomorrow.Its going to be a biggie. If all else fails I will go where the people are not! Think I just have to focus on one day at a time, or I start feeling too overwhelmed.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts.

Peppermint, hi, a feeling of overwhelming peace descends upon me and I am grateful that it is , again over, and by the time the next "celebration occurs "I may have left the area or the family have moved to the black stump. Christmas it is a universal problem with MI sufferers and I can see no other remedy other than just don't go. I'm not.

loopy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance