Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Gilgamesh
Senior Contributor

Fired

Okay last new post as I'm new.

I was recently fired from my job as a Print Designer. This happened because I'm dyslexic and I kept getting measurements wrong. So fair enough but I didn't handle it well.

I got black out drunk. And having no memory of this... I transferred from my course at uni which is Design (in which I was averaging 86%) into Psychology. The uni won't let me change back now.

Ah its the f*** you that f***s you after all.

4 REPLIES 4
pip
Senior Contributor

Re: Fired

@Gilgamesh. That seems unfair. Being fired for being dyslexic seems rather drastic. There are many stars of the screen who have this problem and they seem to stay employed. A case in point is Henry Winkler of 'Happy Days'. He is dyslexic but stays in work. Obviously you tried to change back and were told no. Is there some way you could continue your Print Designer course through correspondence uni? If psychology is not your 'thing', staying there won't be satisfactory and resentment will stop you achieving results. I suggest you see about a correspondence course for the print designer job which would be better suited. I think even with correspondence you still have to pass exams and prove you know the subject.

@pip well I was costing my boss money. So it is understandable. No matter how many times I checked it it still came up wrong. Might be time for a change anyway. With my marks I can get into anything. Just have to find something.

Thanks for your post.

pip
Senior Contributor

@Gilgamesh. Take care of yourself and all the best. As one door shuts etc.

Hi @Gilgamesh

Believe in yourself

And don't let others tell your not worth it

If someone tells you your not good enough for them

Their the ones at fault and not you

Self worth is something to think about

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance