Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jaz5
Senior Contributor

Having a hard time

Hi everyone 

For the last 2 weeks I just haven’t felt right it seems to be getting worse each day I’m not sleeping or when I do I wake up in a panic everytime I can’t seen to shake this 

I’m a big worrier about my health. It’s been almost 6 years since I got sick with leginares disease and 5 years since I’ve spoke to someone about it. I usually can handle it myself and haven’t got this bad in a long time 

I’m currently waiting on an appointment to talk with someone. Im usually fine through the day but come night time all these thoughts go through my head then all these weird symptoms come and I worry. I get so emotional talking about it but I know talking helps. Has anyone got health anxiety and any coping strategies? Thanks in advance 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Having a hard time

hi @Jaz5

ive got health anxiety but i dont have many coping strategies that help. i usually just try thought challanging, talking to a helpline, or using distraction methods esp a night like solitaire, music, and things that keep my mind a little acitive until im really tired and ready to sleep.

I will try anything to get a decent night sleep and help take my mind of these worries

can definently relate to that one @Jaz5 sleeps a big struggle for me too.
perhaps journalling might also be helpful as well? or a worry box?

also if you put an @ symbol in the front of the members name itll tag them for you. your also welcome to have a look around the forums and join in with any thread you feel comfortable with

😔@outlander thanks I’m glad I’m not the only one this is happening to. The symptoms I get are just so scary I freak myself out even more 

do you get blurry vision? That’s the biggest one that scares me the most 😔

@Jaz5 @outlander  health worries are hard, especially when don’t know what will happen.

I usually write all the symptom down . Then look at each symptom and work out the possibilities.

Anxiety and panic attack can cause a lot of symptoms including blurry vision.

I think first thing is to deal with anxiety and panic attacks. After that, the remaining symptoms will become clearer and can talk to a doctor about them.

Anxiety is very unpleasant, feels not in control, cant think properly, losing ability to function.

I try to tell myself to take a deep breath, to have confidence in myself to deal with whatever comes my way.

I recently tried to face my real fears head on, painful ones as well. Very hard, but at least I am no longer fearful of them.

@Meowmy it is very hard always thinking the worst knowing nothing bad is going to happen but the mind is a very powerful thing because it sure feels like I’m dying sometimes 

I will definitely try writing things down I will honestly try anything. I’ve been coping so well then all of a sudden BAM and now it won’t go away 

the blurry vision definitely scares me the most and I know I have to calm myself down and it goes away 

I’m so sorry for anyone that is going through this but thank god I am not the only one this is happening to 😔😫

@Jaz5  Calming anxiety can take practice. After a while, you will be familiar with the sequence.Write fears down in a list. Calm it one by one. Then talk to doctor just to make sure.I think it is hardest when we don’t know what we are anxious or fearful for. I used to go round and round ,agitated and anxious,with physical blood pressure rises and stomach aching. Once I got on top of anxiety. The blood pressure is normal, stomach never ache again.

i did it by looking the pattern of my illness, figured I had to deal with some deep emotional stuff. Then I just do breathing and tell myself I am competent enough.

hi @Jaz5
i do get blurry vision however it could be associated with my vision troubles. have you been to an optometrist recently? these sorts of things can be ruled out (as in is it just anxiety) by having regular checkups with the appropriate people.

@Meowmy im a little different to you, i find if iwrite down the symptoms i become evne more aware of them and then start googling things (which as most are aware there is so much stuff on the interent these days)

@Meowmy I have health anxiety so if I get a tension headache I’m fearing the worst :face_with_rolling_eyes: I try and tell myself it will pass it’s so scary I hate it I just want to be able to enjoy life again 

I want to be able to sleep a whole night without waking up panicking 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance